CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

F a l l i n' i n

L i k e

It was around six-thirty at night as it was now time for me to start getting ready. I wasn't a dress person but with the help of Tatyana and Malaysia, who stopped by a few minutes early, helped me find a dress for my date. I slid into my champagne strappy satin cowl midi dress, champagne satin ankle-strap heels, and teardrop crystal earrings. My curly hair was pulled back in a sleek low bun that took me forever to lay down.

I removed my necklace and kept on my bracelet as I admired the Smokey glamour makeup look to my face. Spraying perfume on my pulse points, I smiled at myself in the mirror before adding things into my black clutch. After I finished getting ready, I dialed Tatyana on FaceTime and waited for her to answer.

"Hey, Breanna!" Tatyana's sultry voice answered; as her eyes held confusion before her brows curved, and a smile crossed her face. "Aw, you look so beautiful! I told you that this dress was going to be the one! Look at those hips!"

"Who you're on FaceTime with?" I heard a familiar deep baritone voice asked her.

"Breanna," Tatyana whispered, pushing the guy back, but the guy didn't hear her as he stared at the camera, making me shock to see Raheem. Tatyana covered her face and sighed loudly. "I told you to stay back,"

Well, I was right about them being together, and they were absolutely a beautiful couple.

"My bad, I'm sorry," Raheem stared at her, picking his head up. "I'm going back to the living room,"

As he left the room, Tatyana shut the door and got back on the call as she looked at me.

"I'm sorry that I didn't tell you about us," Tatyana tucked in her bottom lip, seeming to look embarrassed. "But we've been talking for a few months now,"

"No, it's okay, and I'll keep the secret if you need me to," I offered.

"I'll have to reveal it soon, but thanks," Tatyana smiled, before changing the subject. "Any-who, you look completely beautiful girly. Malik will be in shock whenever he sees you,"

"You think so?" I giggled, doing a pose. "But thank you, you picked a bomb dress,"

"Yes, ma'am, tell me how the date goes," Tatyana said.

"Okay, talk to you later," I told her, waving as she did the same, and I ended the FaceTime call, checking the time.

It was getting close to seven o'clock as I'm sure that Malik was going to be arriving soon. I put my cellphone back inside of my clutch as I heard a knock on the door.

"Breanna?!" Terrell's voice called from the door.

I opened the door, seeing his eyes trailed from my dress on to my face.

"You look beautiful," He complimented, planting a kiss on my cheek. "Malik is downstairs."

"Okay," I said, grabbing my mid-length long coat as I followed him downstairs. As I got downstairs, careful with my heels, I held on to the staircase, and then my eyes fell on Malik, who stood up from the sofa, glaring at me. "Hey, Malik,"

Malik dressed in a black long-sleeved turtleneck, dressy silk pants, and some black Oxford shoes. He also wore a gold chain and a gold watch as he had a fresh haircut as he held a bouquet of roses in front of him.

"You look so beau—I..." He stammered, clearing his throat as his light brown eyes were fixated on my face as he struggled with holding the roses correctly before extending it to me. "You're gorgeous, and these are for you,"