CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

B a c k t o B u s i n e s s

Once my much-needed weekend ended, I was up and ready for work. I prepared for the day by taking a shower and completing the rest of my hygiene, then dressing in a black Diesel For the Successful Living fitted tee, with high-waisted denim blue jeans held up by a small black belt and a pair of black platform Pumas. Next, I styled my hair in two high buns with twists in the front and did my laid down my baby hairs. It was a simple look and very comfortable.

I added my tool belt and sprayed on perfume before I admired my natural everyday makeup look in the mirror. Then, I turned the lights off, grabbing my cellphone, and headed out of the door with my car keys in my hand. Terrell was in the living room, biting on an apple as I made it downstairs, causing him to look up and smile.

"Good morning, Lil' bit," He saluted, holding the smile on his face. "You look good today."

"Morning Terry, thank you, you look very handsome today!" I beamed. "I'm going to work. See you there."

I waved and left the house going to my rental car and unlocked the doors as I stepped inside. I buckled my seatbelt on and pulled away from Terell's home, going down the neighborhood and onto the road. As early as it was, there was still traffic, but I was okay with it. I tapped on the steering wheel as I waited for the red light to turn green and thought about the long day ahead of me. I already knew that once I clocked in, I was going to be ripping and running the whole day.

Finally, the red light changed to green, and I pulled up to the production building. Parking in my regular parking spot, I was surprised to see that Leandra and I were getting out of the car at the same time. I let out a deep breath as I locked the doors with my keys, sliding them into my back pocket, and met with her to the entrance.

"Good morning," Leandra shockingly greeted, giving me a small smile as she wore shades. "Let's pray for a good day!"

"Morning," I returned her happy attitude, thanking her for opening the door for me as I entered the building. I trailed off to the clock-in area to start my day and instantly went to my desk to check my folder. "Today will be a good day."

I made sure to tell that to myself a few times as I scanned the list of tasks on the iPad and my folder. We were still shooting the movie as we were still at the beginning, awaiting scene two. I walked up to the printer, checking if there was any ink left, but since there wasn't; I moved to the stockroom to replace the old ink and add the new ink since I needed to print out the schedule, call sheet, and sign-in log for the new week.

Once I added the new ink to the printer, I placed the first sheet in the scanner and hit print, adding in the number of papers that I needed to print before walking into the break area to fix everyone's coffee. I missed doing this as I grabbed the cups and was about to turn on the coffee maker until I heard footsteps entering the break area.

"Ms. Davidson," A deep voice called from behind me, stepping closer to me with a firm expression on his face. "I've already taken care of the coffee that I still want you to distribute to everyone. The catering company will be on their way very soon, so I want you and Ms. Hendricks to get that taken care of immediately, and I also have something that I want you to. Wait, are you printing the call sheets and schedule?"

"Yes, sir," I said. "I'll be sure to complete the papers and hand it out to all the departments,"

"Good, I'll be in the film studio along with some of the production crew," Mr. McKnight asserted. "Be sure to come to me when you're through with passing the coffee, setting up the table, and printing the papers,"