CHAPTER TWO

Leandra above

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

E a r l y m o r n i n g s, l a t e n i g h t s

I showed up to Freedream Film Productions bright and early in the morning. As I styled my black naturally curly, neck-length hair into a high curly puff ball held up by a white extra, thick scrunchy. I added a natural makeup to my heart-shaped face which broadened my dark brown, close-set eyes, my Nubian nose, pointy chin, wide forehead, and high cheekbones.

I dressed myself into a dressy off the shoulder white tee, high waisted, denim blue capris that accentuated my wide hips and paired it with my white lace-up flat sandals and a nude long-body bag.

Whenever I got to the building and parked alongside of it, I quickly went into the bathroom to use it. Once I was done, I washed my hands with the foam soap and used the paper towel before throwing it in the trash. Then, I made sure that I had enough deodorant and perfume this morning, I added coconut lotion to my heavenly honey complexion.

Afterwards, I pulled out my lip gloss to apply to my bow shaped lips and gave myself a smile. It was going to be a long day at work, but I needed to get through this until I made a name for myself in the company and I was considered trustworthy. It might take weeks for me to get my plan in focus.

Checking my makeup on my face to make sure that it looked good I left out of the bathroom and got ready to clock in for work. Walking over to the system, I clocked in and moved over to the break area to start making coffee for the production crew today.

I put the coffee cream first, adding the hot coffee and began to place just enough sugar into all the cups before positioning the cups on the tray and the tops. Leaving out of the area, seeing the key production assistant heaving in my direction with a face expression of surprise since I was here earlier than her.

"Good morning, Leandra!" I greeted cheerfully, wanting to rub it in her face. "You like coffee?"

Leandra Hendricks was twenty-four years old and has been working for Freedream Film Productions for a few years as she just moved up recently from a regular production assistant to the key production assistant. Before I even interviewed for the job, I did research on most of the people that worked at the company and she was the person that I had to study.

She definitely was the one to beat, as she was quick-witted, extremely focused and persistent in her job duties, is always punctual, very professional, finishes her task in a timely manner, shows true loyalty, is truly reliable and lastly, she puts on a very hardworking, remarkable, and smart work ethic that I find both inspiring and motivational.

If I didn't have want to reach success as bad as I wanted it—I would admire her, but for now she had the job that gave her—respect, power and honor.

Besides Leandra's good work ethics, she was pretty. She dressed in an olive-green dress that hugged her slim curves, paired with single sole high heels as her topaz colored skin glistened with shiny lotion and her red curly long hair was styled in its natural state. Her hazel green eyes, hooked shaped nose with tiny freckles and small lips shown an expression that she didn't expect me here, as her angular shaped head tilted.

"Well done Ms. Davidson," She clapped her hands, strutting up to me as she handed me the iPad and walkie talkie. "If anything, you make my job easier, and don't think you have what it takes to be in my position sweetie, because you are-,"

"Irreplaceable." I finished for her, keeping my cheerful tone as I held on to the iPad and the tray of coffee after hooking the walkie talkie to my front pants pocket.