CHAPTER FOUR

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
T e a m B o n d i n g

I followed my colleagues to the soul-food restaurant that they were going to, called Dulan's Soul Food Kitchen as I hoped that the food was good because there was nothing like the soul food in New Orleans on down to Baton Rouge. I listened to Cherish's album, Unappreciated, the best song on the album, moment in time, on the way to the place.

As I found the parking spot, I parked and stepped out of the car holding my cellphone and making sure that my wallet was in my purse before shutting the door to meet up with my colleagues who were all standing and speaking to each other as I walked over to them.

"Before we go inside, I'll introduce you to everyone to make you comfortable," Malaysia stated, as she pointed to the female beside her. "This is Tatyana Edwards, possibly one of the flyest females you'd ever meet."

Tatyana was fly as wore a pink mauve peplum pants suit that looked great against her dark nutmeg colored skin, paired with white ankle strap stilettos that showed her freshly did ruby red pedicure and a white clutch. Her black and long hair was styled in voluminous curls as her glowy makeup was completely flawless as she accessorized with silver studs, silver bracelet and a silver studded nose ring.

As for her looks she would fit the description of a baddie as she had a diamond shaped face, a narrow forehead, high cheekbones, dark brown hooded eyes, Nubian nose, full lips, neat eyebrows and long angled neck, she was.

"Nice to finally meet you, Breanna." She voiced in a fierce, deep yet sultry tone.

"Likewise." I smiled.

"This is Malik." Malaysia pointed at him. "The playful and goofiest person you'd ever meet."

"Oh, we met already!" Malik and I said together at the same time.

While everyone in the crew reacted, I had to laugh myself.

"Okay then, well this is Terrell," Malaysia moved over to Terrell, placing her arms on his shoulder. "Terrell McCall, he's in between mellow and goofy."

Terrell was fine without a question, from his dark carob colored skin that he showcased from the open buttons in his shirt, his dark brown almond eyes, strong jawline and wide chin, broad nose, full lips, thick eyebrows, his small scar on the side of his eye, and his high top fade hair cut that was styled in twists.

As Terrell mugged her, stepping forward as he extended his fist out to me as I gave him a dap which turned into a random handshake of our own making everyone yells out oh's and aye's.

"Man, I just know imma' like you." He chuckled stepping back, speaking with a familiar southern accent or dialect if you will. "You ready to eat, baby girl?"

I recognized it now as I nodded my head before focusing back on to Malaysia.

"I think you know Raheem?" She raised a brow. "He's cool, calm and a little too nonchalant about everything."

I stared at Raheem who seemed to always have the cool vibe going on.

"Yeah." I shook my head in a way.

"Lastly, this is our guy Isaac," Malaysia stopped at Isaac. "Isaac Powell, super quiet and could be a bit mean but he's only like that because of his girl Le–,"

"Chill." He warned her, before head nodding me.

Isaac Powell was cute so there was no wonder that he was with Leandra as I tried to picture them together and thought that they were cute.

He was tall, and muscular with a caramel complexion filled with tattoos. His hair was black and styled in black dreads with nice faded out sides. He had a square shaped face, bushy eyebrows, long eyelashes, dark brown almond downturned eyes, big ears pierced with hoop earrings, broad nose, fully trimmed and connected beard, plump full lips and nice teeth.