CHAPTER FIFTY

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
N i g h t L i f e I n M i a m i

It was around ten o'clock in the night time once we arrived at the club. I fixed my black glitter off the shoulder ruched body dress as I tried to match the dressy dress code for the nightclub. Pairing the dress with black clear open-toe chunky heels, I made sure to accessorize it all with silver jewelry and a black crossbody purse.

I pulled out my cellphone, swiping up for the camera, and checked my makeup as I beat my face with one of my favorite looks, the soft glam. It looked good, so I began to look at my hair as I had it styled in a curly wash and go. I teased it a bit more, making it look thick and full.

The girls and I took pictures, making the guys take them all. Then, we returned the favor and took pics of the guys until we walked to the line. Since Tatyana called the club's manager yesterday, we didn't have to wait too long, so we moved up the line.

Tatyana introduced herself to the bouncer, and he checked the list, nodding his head as he asked for our arms, then placed a stamp on our hands before unveiling the red velvet rope to allow us to enter the club.

I've heard about Miami's nightlife and always wondered if I would experience it one day. So, I was ready for what this nightlife had in store for me.

"Miami surely does not play!" Malaysia exclaimed, taking a look at the scene happening before us.

I agreed as I took in how the lights flickered and flashed. Hip-hop music blared throughout the club, and I saw many people dancing in the middle of the club. As I stared at the scene happening before me, I now understood that Miami's nightclubs are the places to be. I saw bottle girls moving amongst the crowd, holding bottles as I stared at the DJ, who was jamming to the music he played.

We continued moving amongst the crowd of people and found us a section. The decor was dark with the furniture that gave the aesthetic of dark and velvet.

"I can already feel the energy in here," Tatyana stated, checking out the club's scenery as she dressed in a white feather strap dress with white lace open-toe heels. Tatyana styled her hair in voluminous curls, and her makeup looked flawless.

"Right, let's go dance unless y'all want to get drinks?" Malaysia uttered, glancing between all of us as she dressed in a sheen spaghetti strap, tiger dress, with ruffles plain open toe, lace-up stiletto heels, and a black heart-shaped crossbody.

"Drinks," Leandra answered, smoothing down her black satin two-piece skirt set. "I need a drink."

"Yeah, I want something sweet," Toya agreed, playing with her slick back ponytail as she dressed in a satin blue spaghetti strap mini, tight dress with black pointed toe, lace-up barely there heels.

"I'll hold down our section," I suggested, taking a seat on the cushioned burgundy velvet sofa since I was most likely not drinking. "I'm not drinking."

I hoped that the group wouldn't see my choice of not drinking as a buzzkill. I didn't want to drink, but I could still have a great time without drinking at all.

"That's cool too. You don't have to drink," Malaysia uttered, showcasing her pearly whites.

I smiled, appreciating the fact that she wasn't mad that I wouldn't be drinking with them. I watched them leave as Malik remained standing as he looked at me.

"I don't wanna leave you by yourself," He said, walking towards me as he pulled his cellphone out of his pocket. "Imma' ask Terrell to get me something to drink, though. You want anything?"

"I guess a Shirley temple is fine," I answered him. "Do you think that I'm wrong for not wanting to drink?"

"Nah, you shouldn't have to do anything that you don't want to do," He stated, sending the text as he moved back and wrapped his arms around me. "It's why I like you, sunshine. Don't change your personality or the way you feel for nobody, including me."