CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
M i x — a n d — M i n g l e

"Thanks for picking me up, baby," I sighed, entering the car as he shut my door. "That was so embarrassing, luckily, nobody saw because it would've been way worse,"

"It's all good, mama." He smirked, shutting his door after getting inside. "So, where are they taking the car?"

"I'm not sure but I took a picture of the truck company," I explained, going to my pictures. "I'll call them and the rental company as soon as I get to my place,"

I rubbed both sides of my temples, feeling like a headache was coming soon.

"Don't stress yourself out, sunshine," Malik stated, grabbing hold of my hand as he rubbed it. "You gon' get the car back, and I'll be able to drive you where you want to go,"

"You're so sweet," I smiled, entwining our fingers together. "But I can't let you do that. With this acting career, I have so many places to be, auditions or even events to go to. I don't want you to be my chauffeur, baby."

"I gotchu," He chuckled, stopping at a red light.

"Then speaking of events," I said, going to the flyer that I had saved. "There's a all black affair event that's happening later on tonight. The artists from the commercial shoot gave me the flyer."

"What happens at these events?" He questioned, looking over at me.

"Hmm, I was told that it involves music, dancing and networking," I said, staring at him. "I'm not sure if I'll even go, because I haven't heard much about it."

"You might end up missing out on a opportunity," He remarked, driving again as the light changed. "If you want me to bring you, I will. Don't have a problem with that."

"If I go, I'd want you to come with me," I said, wondering what would be his response. "I'm not going to know anybody."

"I don't know..." He dragged, licking over his lips. "What will I do while you're networking?"

He was right about that; I didn't want him standing by himself or even following me around the party when I was having to meet with people.

"Hmm, now that you said it, never mind," I said, knowing it'll be wrong. "If I go, I'll probably take a Uber there,"

"I'm not letting you take a Uber by yourself, sunshine," He replied, shaking his head. "That's dangerous as hell for you as my girlfriend and as a woman."

I smiled, leaning over the seat to kiss his cheek as I decided to send the flyer to Savanna. We were supposed to be linking up soon, maybe we could go to the party together. Once I sent the message; I locked my phone as I watched my boyfriend drive with one hand and admired the way his jaw clenched and how long his eyelashes were.

That man was fine as hell, and had no reason to be so fine. He looked so good, as I stared at his haircut, finally noticing.

"You got a new haircut?" I asked, squinting my eyes as I noticed the new lineup. "You look good! You're really fine, baby!"

"Yeah, got one as soon as I got off," He answered, rubbing over his head as he did a goofy grin. "But thank you. I'm thinking about getting some waves instead of keeping this low taper fade. Whatchu' think?"