CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

S o u r c e s O f

D e s i r e

A month and a week later.

I looked at the calendar that I had on the wall, in the guest room, well the room that I've been staying in. I've been in L.A. a little over a month now but I've been working at the company for a month. Things seemed to work in my favor. Today, I was bringing cupcakes to work because I didn't feel the need to throw a party. I was even closer with everyone though Leandra didn't seem to let off on me. Then, I was meeting with Johnathan Strong every other day about my acting career.

"Happy one month anniversary, Lil' bit!" Terrell greeted, holding a gift bag in his hand. "Here. I can't believe I've known you that long, feels longer but my appreciation for you continues to grow every day."

"Awe, you didn't have too." I grinned, skipping over to him to grab the bag as I pulled him for a hug. As he twirled me around, making me giggle. "Do I have to get you something too?"

"Nah, you don't." He kissed much forehead.

"Well that's too bad," I removed myself from his hold, going to the suitcase as I reached for his gift. "I hope you like."

He immediately opened his gift, as it was a customized pillow designed with us hugging one another and some shooting game for his PlayStation. I looked inside my gift bag as I was in awe at the jewelry.

A BT4L customized silver plated necklace and a bracelet.

"Thank you, put it on me please?" I beamed, picking up my curly medium length hair. "It's so beautiful, Terry, now I find my gift to you, so childish."

"It's not, I like it." He reassured me, kissing my cheek after putting the necklace on me. "I'm going to get ready."

I watched him leave my room, shutting the door; I moved on to the bathroom to take a shower and get dressed for work. I was still a little ole assistant making my way at the company. It was hard to believe that I would move up from that position to be an actress but I had a feeling that I could do it.

We were done going over table reads, making sure the actors and actresses perfected their lines before it was time to shoot the movie. Once I realized a movie took years in making, I wasn't surprised that Mr. McKnight and the production crew were taking their time on reading the scripts. Until today, I believe it was officially our first day of shooting a movie.

I couldn't imagine all the work that I had to do but I was excited. I washed with my dove bar for fifteen minutes and stepped out of the shower, turning it off as I wrapped a towel around my body and head. I dried myself off, going into the room to moisturize myself, and completed my hygiene routine then proceeded into getting ready.

Since I would be doing a lot of running today, I chose to dress casually. I dressed in my black and white wording Queen, Crown & Leather graphic drawstring crop top hoodie, black high waisted, ripped jeans along with my black and white retro Nike high tops. I styled my hair in a curly high ponytail and slayed my edges.

Spraying my perfume, I added my eyelashes and lip gloss and accessorized with my pearl earrings and instead of the necklace of my initials, B.A.D. I kept on the new necklace that Terrell bought me and my bracelet. Once I looked satisfied with myself, I grabbed the new fanny pack that I bought from the mall and added my charger, keys, and lip gloss, as well as my toolbox, then left the room, going downstairs.

I had to show up earlier than most of the workers so I didn't have time to talk to Terry as I made sure that I had everything and grabbed my car keys from my purse to leave. I checked my messages seeing one from Malik as I felt butterflies fluttering in my stomach.