CHAPTER EIGHT

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

T h e B i g D a y,

P a r t T w o

The building was filled with actors/actresses, their agents, managers, and the crew. Both Leandra and I handed out the numbers, scripts and other paperwork to them as we also had to take down everyone's information before the auditions began. I walked up to almost every person in the building to ask them for their contact information and watched them reading off of the scripts.

I held the clipboard in my hand as I read over all the lists of names that I had on my list as I glanced at Leandra who walked out of the audition's room as she glanced at everyone before her eyes found mine. Although she didn't like me, she had to communicate with me discussing how the auditions were going to run.

"So, we're going to be calling the actors and actresses with their agents inside of the room," Leandra explained, holding the clipboard up to her chest. "After they finish their auditions we make sure that we have their names and tell them that the team will be in contact with their management or agent for the callbacks."

"Got it." I nodded my head.

"Okay, Mr. McKnight will let us know when the auditions will start," Leandra stated, moving down the hallway of the third floor.

I stood by the waiting room where the actors and actresses stood in line, wearing their numbers as well as carrying their resumes and scripts for the auditions. I scanned their face if there was any hint of nervousness but it seemed to be disguised pretty well as they seemed to be in the right field. The catering and refreshments were on the countertop for them as a few of them settled for a bottle of water.

I then heard noise coming the walkie talkie as I pressed the button and noticed Mr. McKnight's voice.

"Davidson, send in number one of the list." He instructed.

"Copy that." I ambled closer inside of the room, staring at my clipboard for the first name then at the person. "Number one, Amber Stevenson they're all ready for you."

The first person, being Amber Stevenson smiled as she seemed happy that she was the first person. As I led her and her agent Phoebe to the room as I opened the door for them and stepped inside to check it out.

"Hi, everyone!" She greeted the team cheerfully, giving everyone a handshake as she handed them all a portfolio her resumes and headshots.

"Professional." Mr. McKnight commented.

"Okay," Mrs. Angelina Terry started, giving Amber a welcoming smile. "Please stand on the marked part of the floor please and thank you."

Amber listened, as she went towards the marked red X on the floor.

"Please look directly in the camera lens and say your name," Mr. McKnight announced. "Age, and the name of the agency that is representing you."

"I'm Amber Stevenson, I'm twenty-two years old," Amber smiled. "And the agency that is representing me is TAB Agency Inc."

"Who's the character you are portraying this afternoon?" Mr. McKnight probed.

"The character I'm portraying is Denise Chambers," Amber confirmed.

"Thanks, now you may start." Raheem asserted. "I'll read over the lines of Marc."

I looked at the script myself as Amber closed her eyes as she was portraying the main character Denise and opened it before beginning to read the script. I did the same as I read the description of the movie.