CHAPTER TWENTY

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

T h e B e g i n n i n g

o f N o w

Once Mr. McKnight called for everyone to have an hour lunch break including myself, I left the building to buy the vanilla and chocolate cupcakes for my one month anniversary at Freedream Film Productions. It felt bittersweet that I was making my mark in just one month as an assistant to the company and being recognized for it. I still had a long way to go but to get feedback from my crew members and my boss on my work ethic felt rewarding to me.

"Congratulations to our very own, Breanna Davidson," Mr. McKnight announced, holding up a ribbon. "On making one month at Freedream Film Productions."

Everyone clapped their hands including the cast of the movie as I ambled over to Mr. McKnight to receive the ribbon. He placed the ribbon on my shirt as I walked off staring at it. It was a gold ribbon that read: Breanna Davidson, 1 MONTH. After the small celebration, the people split up as I was now seated in the lobby's chairs with my colleagues.

"How you feel being an official team member, Breanna?" Raheem asked, taking a sip of his juice before resting the cup in his hands.

"I feel..." I crossed my arms, thinking about the question and how I wanted to answer it. "Well, I'm glad that I got this far here especially at a well-established company like this one, and with a good, hardworking team, it makes working here even more interesting."

"Awe, that makes me happy," Malaysia said, placing her hand over her heart. "You've done so much here in such a short time!"

I agreed.

"Yeah," I nodded my head, deciding to change the subject on to something other than work. "Tatyana, you decided on what place you're going to go for your birthday?"

"I'm still trying to choose between Miami and Bora Bora," She said, tapping her finger on her chin as she smiled. "Both places are so beautiful. I just want to have a nice resort with a spa, do other activities, eat good, and just have fun. I know they might have it out here but being here just reminds me of work so going to either of those places for a three-day weekend would be nice."

"I'm down fa' sho," Terrell said, rubbing his hands together. "I heard they got some baddies out there..."

We all laughed at him, because although we know that he was joking; he wasn't. Getting to know Terrell and living with him for a month now, I began to understand him and his ways. He was a huge flirt and goofy guy so I did believe that he would act a fool which I couldn't do anything but love him for it.

"We know," Leandra giggled, linking her arms with Isaac. As Issac was busy scrolling through his phone, as usual, without saying much to the group. While she was engaging in the conversation.

"I'm here for it too," Malik asserted, sliding his cellphone into his pocket, "Just give me a first-class flight then I'll be one hundred percent down."

"Now you know," Tatyana stared him down, causing all of us to laugh. "If anything, you'll take that economy class flight."

I know that's right. I was also excited about a getaway from work even if it was for the weekend. I probably wouldn't be able to fly with all of them on Friday because I would eventually have to work but Saturday and Sunday, I was completely down. I'd have to buy me some swimsuits, a few fits and a travel bag to take with me but that wasn't a problem.

"I'll let y'all know when I make my decision," Tatyana conferred.

Finishing my chicken wrap, I sipped on my fruity beverage. The catering service company that Mr. McKnight hired did a good job of making the chicken wraps along with the other food.