CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

I n t h e P r o c e s s

My shift was almost over as I finished adding more things to the set. Next week we would begin filming the salon scenes, and I had to contact the actor's team. Adjusting picture frames and chairs, I was good to go. My weekend was officially starting once I stepped out of the door.

"Breanna!" Mr. McKnight yelled, calling me over to meet him at the entrance.

I wondered what he could want because I came back just in time to finish my job. I also completed everything that he wanted me to do, including the rest of the production crew.

"Yes, Mr. McKnight?" I asked, holding my arms in front of me.

"How are you, liking your job?" He asked, raising a brow.

"Um...I like doing what I do," I answered, hoping this wasn't a trick question. "I make sure that I execute each task,"

"I'm sorry for making it look like I'm interrogating you," He apologized, holding an unreadable expression on his face. "I'm only asking you this because how would you feel about moving up in your position? I know you've only been working for my company for three months, but you've already accomplished so much,"

Mr. McKnight was offering me a higher position this soon? I was not expecting it at all. I didn't know what to say because I was building my acting career, and I didn't want to move up only to drop myself from the new position.

"Well...this is shocking," I admitted, feeling like this came out of the left field. "Can I think about it and come back to you with my decision?"

"Of course, take your time." He agreed, smiling at me. "Have a great weekend, Breanna,"

"You too, Mr. McKnight," I replied, walking out of the room as I exited out of the building. "What in the world?!"

I headed to my rental car and unlocked the doors, entering the driver's seat as I heard my cellphone ringing. Shutting my door, I inserted the keys into the ignition to start the car and pressed the button on the stereo.

"Hey, you finished working?" Malik asked.

"Yeah, I'm just leaving now," I told him, backing out of the parking lot.

I noticed that Leandra's car; was parked in the back, so I knew that she was still here; I didn't see her. Anyways, it wasn't my problem anymore. I just hoped that she seemed careful with her boyfriend.

"Aight, I was calling because I wanted to know if you have any plans tomorrow?" He queried. "I know you have meetings to go to tomorrow, but how about later?"

I did have those meetings to go with the talent agents, but I was free for the afternoon and evening. I was planning on getting things for my apartment, but I mean, I could hold it off.

"I think I'll be free by then,"

"Aight, well, my cousins are having a dinner party," He explained, seeming to grow excited by it. "And there'll be food, drinks, games—you all the party stuff. They invited you, us to go. Are you feeling up to it, sunshine? You don't have to go if you don't want to, though."

A dinner party with food, drinks, and games? Including Malik's family? I loved their energy from my first time meeting them, so I was here for it.

"Yeah, I'll love to go," I agreed, driving out of the parking lot. "You have to let me know the time and dress code so that I can prepare myself."

"I got you, Luv," He affirmed. "What you doing when you get home?"

"You want to see me already?" I teased.