CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
T h e F a m i l y B o n d

It was now Sunday, and the day that I was going to meet Malik's parents. I was nervous but I was excited to meet his family. I was also going to be attending church with them, before we ate food together. It would be my first time in such a long time attending a church, as I haven't found a church that I'll call home. So, hopefully this would be the place to do so.

I got up super early in the morning, preparing everything for church this morning. I remember churches opening around ten in the morning, but it was now around seven forty five so I wanted to make sure that I had my outfit ready, my hair done, and that I took a shower. I wanted to make a good impression on his family, because who didn't want to make a good impression on their boyfriend's mother? I wanted them to like me, not by force, but them to be able to see that I absolutely loved their child, grandchild, and nephew.

I decided to wear a sundress, a nice olive green dress that looked good enough for church with a blank sweater, my black sandals and black cross body. I wanted to look nice, so I sat everything on my bed and got ready to take my shower. I placed my cellphone on the charger in the bathroom, going to my gospel playlist and got ready to worship as I stripped before stepping into the steaming water.

I began to think of the last time that I went to church, while showering. It's been quite a while as I remember attending whenever I was still living with my parents. It led me to wondering what my parents would say to the church members who would ask about me and why I wasn't around. It's been years since I've last seen them, being the last time being once I turned eighteen. Three years was a long time from seeing your family.

I began to remove my parents from my thoughts, focusing on showering and turning off the water after fifteen minutes. As I turned it off, I heard my cellphone ringing causing me to step out the shower, wrapping the towel around my body as I quickly moved to my cellphone. I looked at it, seeing HoneyBunny on the screen as I instantly answered it and placed it on speaker.

"Hello, good morning sunshine!" He greeted, sounding extremely cheerful and sexy as always. "How are you?"

"Good morning baby, I'm okay," I answered, drying myself off then started to moisturize my body. "I just got out of the shower, about to get dressed. I know it has to be around eight something now,"

"You want me to pick you up after you finish getting ready or you want to wait until nine something?"

"You can pick me up after, it'll take me like thirty minutes to finish getting ready,"

"Okay, I'll bring some donuts. That's okay?" He asked, seeming to ask for assurance.

"That's totally fine, my love." I said, putting on my undergarments before heading inside of my room as I picked up the dress. "Not a problem at all, do you think that I should bring something for your mom and grandma?"

"Why would you do that?"

"To be respectful, to set a good impression on them,"

"Nah, you don't have to do that," He chuckled. "That's a thing that they did in the old days, or in the movies,"

"Yeah, you're right." I laughed at myself, getting dressed. "We'll, I'll be ready soon."

"Aight my love, I'll be there soon."

"Okay baby, I love you."