CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
W o r k i n g T o w a r d s
T h e G o a l

Saturday arrived quickly as I was sort of bummed out about the rescheduling of the meeting with the talent agency but I also was happy about it because I still had a lot left to do. I had a lot on my schedule and made sure that I had my checkbook along with my now completed portfolio.

Yesterday came and went since we were setting up the club for the scene and I'm sure we'd have to finish it next week.

It was around eight twenty in the morning as I pulled out the outfit that I was going to wear today and placed it onto the bed as well as my undergarments. I had to look presentable in the meeting with Mr. Chandler also with the other things that I had.

So, I decided that I would look very classy and dressy with my black and white striped long-sleeved blouse with high waisted flare black slacks, nude cross-body purse, and matching nude ankle strap heels. As I moved to the mirror to stare at the twist out that I did the day before and hoped that it came out good. It was supposed to come out extremely curly with the number of twists that I did, while I was focused on my hair I heard my cellphone ringing.

I walked over to the small table seeing Johnathan's name flashing on the caller ID so I quickly answered the phone and put it close to my ear.

"Morning,"

"Good morning Breanna," He replied. "Since you're up, I know you're getting ready for your meeting with Jaquan. Do you have everything that you need for the meeting, and all the questions?"

"By having my checkbook and portfolio, yes I do," I giggled. "I am getting ready though. For questions, I don't have a list of any but I do know the important ones to ask,"

"Okay, seems like you're all set. If you need me for anything, call me," He asserted.

"Will do."

He hung up the phone as I walked into the bathroom turning on the shower and pulled out the towels along with a fresh bar of dove soap then placed a shower cap onto my head. Next, I locked the door behind me and stripped out of my clothes to step inside the shower. The hot steamy water stung against my skin as I shut my eyes and hummed a song that was in my head, Keri Hilson's song, Knock You Down.

I took a long shower, stepped out, and proceeded into getting ready and unraveled my twists and since it did turn out curly, I grabbed the blow dryer and a comb to make the curls full and have more volume before doing a soft glam makeup look.

I made sure to add the needed items into my purse, grabbed some replaceable shoes, and picked up my portfolio as I opened the room door and walked downstairs. The smell of eggs and bacon was in the air as I stared at Terrell's back as he was preparing the breakfast.

"Hey!" He acknowledged my presence without turning around. "Making breakfast, also you know that everyone is planning on doing something altogether, right?"

"Hey Terry," I smiled. "Wow, no, I didn't know."

It was news to me that the group was planning on doing something for the weekend. I knew that I was still new to the group but someone could've told me about it. Instead of questioning it; I just nodded my head.

Terrell turned around and his eyes trailed towards my outfit then to my face.

"You look good, Lil' bit, where are you going?" He raised a brow, turning back towards the stove.

"Thanks and I'm going to a meeting," I answered. "Wish me luck,"

"I gotcha," He noted. "Good luck Lil' bit! Be safe and if you need me just hit me up,"