CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
I n t o Y o u

"Hey Malik," I greeted him, feeling my heart beat fast as I remembered what I had called him on the phone. "What are you doing here?"

"Hey sunshine," He smiled, standing up from the sofa and pulled me in for a hug. "I wanted to come to see you, but Terrell said you weren't here so I decided to wait for you, that's cool?"

It seemed like he didn't hear what I called him during our talk on the phone, and if he was pretending that he didn't hear it; I was okay with it. My feelings were developing so fast and it was so hard to not let my guard down. I realized that I genuinely liked him and wanted to be around him 24/7. I knew that we were in the early stages of dating and he could see other people but I was scared that he would end up liking someone else.

Instead of admitting this, I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him. He grabbed hold of my neck as he then deepened it as I felt my knees buckling. I knew that these feelings couldn't be love because I didn't know him for that long and we were so new to learning each other.

"So, where are you taking me for the date?"

"It's a surprise," He chuckled. "You're going dressed like that? Because you look dressed up for me,"

"No, I'd rather change into something else," I quickly shook my head. "Can you wait for me while I go change?"

"Yes ma'am," He smirked, pecking my lips, and took a seat back onto the sofa.

I headed upstairs going to the guest room and entered the room, shutting the door as I sat my things down on the dresser and walked to the closet. I looked inside the closet for a casual yet dressy kind of dress. Since I didn't know what kind of event it was going to be; I decided to go for a red crisscross lace-up back ruffle asymmetrical hem slip dress, that I recently bought with gold ankle-strap high heels and gold jewelry.

Once I took off my clothes, I slid into the dress and my heels before going to the mirror to get started on my hair. I was deciding to leave it in a high puff, with my neat baby hairs. I grabbed the products and began to start on my hair. After doing that, I retouched my makeup and added my gold necklace, bracelet, anklet, and gold earrings.

I applied a shiny lotion shiny to my skin that made it glow and look beautiful. I even added some to my chest then I changed my purse into a gold clutch and was ready to go. I grabbed my cellphone and opened the door seeing my best friend behind it.

"I'll see you later, have fun, Lil' bit," Terrell said.

I smiled, walking downstairs as Malik's eyes met mine. Ugh, why was he so cute? He had such a model vibe to him.

"Flawless," He mouthed, staring me up and down.

Oh my. Can I make it to the last step?

I kept my smile until I made it to the last step, and he took hold of my hand as he lifted it to his mouth and kissed it.

"Um, I want for the date to stay a surprise..." He replied. "Would you wear a blindfold?"

A blindfold and I just did my makeup? Are you serious?

"Yeah,"

"I'm not going to tie it too tight," He stated, grabbed the blindfold from the sofa, and walked behind me to tie it around my eyes. "It's good? Can you see?"

"Nope, not a thing,"

"Good, good," He chuckled. "I'll lead you to the car and then we'll go to the place from there. Okay, sunshine?"