CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
G e t t i n ' P r e p a r e d

I couldn't keep my mind off of the date that occurred yesterday, but I needed to since I had so much to get done today. Since today was the day of the movie premiere, Freedream Film Productions was closed for today, and everyone who worked at the company was off.

Since the movie premiere didn't start until eleven, I was sitting at a table in the local coffee shop, Cocoa Connection Café, where I officially hired Jaquan Chandler as my entertainment lawyer. I was ready to get my career started, and I had my acting classes scheduled for later today.

So, we both signed the employment agreement contract-for partnership, where we discussed the retainer fee.

"I'm thankful for the opportunity to be your entertainment lawyer," Mr. Chandler said, stacking papers together in his briefcase. "And I'm looking forward to our newfound business relationship."

"I am as well," I said, sipping on the creamy, delicious coffee. "I have to go to Miami for the weekend for one of my friend's birthdays, and I will be back, as well as ready to get things started. I know that my meeting with the talent agency is coming up, so I'll be preparing for that as soon as I come back,"

"What's the name of the talent agency?" He asked, tapping his pen to the stacked papers on the table.

"I believe it is TAB Agency Inc or ETU Agency; Elite Talent Unlimited," I stated. "I'll have to check in with Johnathan,"

"I'll look at it, and I'll be present in the agency meeting," He affirmed, writing down the names of the agency. "And may I ask for confirmation, on Johnathan?"

"Not a problem," I declared. "Johnathan Strong is my mentor in a way and has helped me with getting my career started,"

"Johnathan Strong? It sounds very familiar," Mr. Chandler repeated, taping his pen to his paper. "Does he have his own company?"

"Yes, he's the owner of Goldshine Media," I answered him. "He's highly involved in all kinds of entertainment, like music, movie and television, news and sports, politics and even fashion,"

"Yeah, he's the real deal, I can verify that," He nodded, writing down a few other things. "I've had clients that worked with him as well, and I went to one of the fashion shows, and it was something that I've never experienced, there was live music, the black choir of singers well sangers performing while the models walked. Plenty of celebrities were in the crowd, taking in black excellence,"

"Yes! I haven't been to a show," I admitted, checking the time on my cellphone that I had faced down on the table. "I'm sorry, but I have a job to do. To meet with my boss for a movie premiere,"

It was around nine forty, and I needed to be back to the house; so that I could find an outfit for the movie premiere, take a shower, get my hair and makeup done. It would take me almost an hour getting ready for the premiere, especially since I was getting picked up by Mr. Bennet, Mr. McKnight's driver.

"Okay, we will be in contact." He uttered, standing up as he shook my hand. "Have a good rest of your day, Breanna,"

"Thank you, and you too, Mr. Chandler," I spoke, pulling out my wallet to pay for the coffee as the waitress headed in our direction. "How muc—,"

"It's fine. I'll take care of it. Go ahead," Mr. Chandler assured me, giving his black card to the waitress. "Thank you for suggesting this coffee shop. I'll be a regular from now on,"

"Thank you for paying because you didn't have to," I remarked, tucking the chair underneath the table. "Well, I'm off to go. See you soon."

He nodded his head briefly at me as I watched the waitress appear back onto the table, and she handed him the receipt as I began to walk out of the door.