CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
T h e G e t T o g e t h e r

"Welcome, welcome to mi casa!" Loren greeted, letting us enter her home. "W-wait, what do you have there?"

"Just a little gift to you for inviting me," I told her, extending the gift bag to her. "Malik bought the wine since I didn't know which one to get you,"

"Girl...you didn't have to get me anything," She replied, looking inside the bag. "Hold up now...are these the sprinkled sugar cookies?"

"Yes," I nodded my head, glancing over at Malik.

"These are my favorite cookies!" She beamed, throwing her arms around me before pulling away. "Thank y'all so much! Well, the boys are all in the living room yet some are still arriving. I'll be in the kitchen until the food is done. There's endless drinks and appetizers on the tables,"

"What you cooking?" Malik asked, holding my hand.

"Big hungry ah..." She teased, moving past her entrance way that was decorated with burgundy and gold pieces with dark furniture. "But I'm cooking grilled lemon pepper chicken with rice and cabbage. Breanna, you're not allergic to anything, huh?"

"Nope, no food allergies, here," I giggled, following behind her as we entered the living room.

Loren's living room was huge, and it was decorated with green, beige, white and black. I admired the dark hardwood floors also the way the lighter walls made the living room look bigger and so inviting.

"Good! Everybody looks who's here!" Loren exclaimed, getting from in front of us. "Malik and his beautiful girlfriend, Breanna. I'll bring this in the kitchen, but the food will be done in maybe five more minutes."

"That's what you said five minutes ago," Maurice frowned, getting up from his spot.

Loren ignored him, giving me a smile as she walked into the kitchen. Maurice walked over to us as I watched him and Malik dapping each other up with a hug.

"How you doing, Breanna?" Maurice asked, giving me a side hug. "My cousin been treating you good?

"I'm okay, nice seeing you again, Maurice," I laughed, looking at the facial expression on Malik's face. "Always,"

"Exactly," Malik smirked, mean mugging his cousin.

"Don't let Maurice get to you, fam," Bryson said, slapping hands with Malik before he turned in front of me. "What up cousin in law?"

"Hey...Bryson?" I replied, hoping that I got him right. It was hard to tell twins apart but Bryson was a little bigger than his brother.

"You got it," He chuckled, nodding his head.

"Where Tylon at?" Malik questioned, looking around for the other twin.

"He said he was on his way with his girl, Ravyn," Bryson shrugged, pulling out his cellphone.

"Oh, Xavy, what up Bruh?" Malik greeted, giving Loren's boyfriend a head nod.

I watched Malik interacting with his cousins and looked around for Nyla knowing that she came along with Maurice.

"Maurice, where's Nyla?"