CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

M a k i n g
M o v e s

Once Friday surfaced, I was so glad that it was the last day of the week until the weekend. Mr. McKnight made sure to send our checks in the mail since we weren't in the company. I was happy about receiving my paycheck along with the weekend. I needed a break since this week was the longest and hardest that has pushed me. Today, we were all invited for a big breakfast provided by Mr. McKnight at a banquet hall. I was mighty surprised receiving a call from our boss and telling me that I was to report to the banquet hall for a big breakfast with a catering service company.

So, I just decided to dress sort of business casual. After completing my shower and hygiene routine, I put on my wavelength high collar blouse in pink poster print with high-waisted ripped at the knees jeans, Harper almond ankle strap heels, and an Irma crossbody. I accessorized with a silver choker, bracelet, and silver hoops as I wore my hair in my wash-and-go style and finished with a hair clip on the side of my hair.

I had on a full beat of makeup as I completed my look by applying nude lipstick and adding my favorite lipgloss. Then, I finished everything by spraying my setting spray. Hearing a knock on my door, I left the bathroom with my makeup bag and placed everything into my suitcase before walking over to the door to open it.

"Yes?" I sprayed my perfume bottle on my pulse points from my purse, sliding it back inside.

"Just seeing if you were ready," Terrell said, putting his arm down. He stepped back before he placed his finger on his chin as he examined me. "You look good today, Lil' bit,"

I instantly blushed, staring down at my outfit as well before I looked at him with a bright smile. I even studied his fit as he wore a sandy brown blazer, a honey mustard turtleneck, grayish plaid pants with specs of honey mustard, and all-white leather sneakers.

"Thanks, Terry, you too," I said, giving him a look of approval at his work attire. "And yeah, I'm ready, let me get my phone then we can go..."

"Aight," Terrell nodded his head, leaving the door as he headed downstairs.

I made sure to have everything in my bag before I took my phone off of the charger, turned off the light, and met up with Terrell downstairs. Since I was still without a car, I was riding around with Terrell. I felt like a big user for having him do all this for me, even if he insisted. I was going car shopping this weekend. As I watched him grab his keys, he held the door open for me while I stepped out of the house, heading to his car and let him turn the alarm system on and lock the door.

I stared at my cellphone, seeing a new text message from Johnathan Strong, reminding me to hit him back later as I turned it off and waited for Terry to unlock the doors. He jogged towards the driveway, pressing the button on his as he was heading my way to hold the door for me, but I beat him this time and got inside the car.

"So, when you see Malik, what are you doing?" Terrell asked, pulling out of his driveway and on to the busy streets as he stared at me. "Put ya' seatbelt on,"

Snapping my seatbelt on, I thought about how my reaction was going to be seeing Malik. He claimed that it was an 'accident' kissing me, and it's been something that I couldn't bypass. After telling Terrell about the situation, I found it easy and nerve-wracking because I didn't know whether he'd laugh at me or tell me that I was overthinking. Instead, he was the complete opposite, very supportive, and caring. It's what I loved about having male best friends; they told the truth no matter what.

"I don't know," I admitted, getting comfortable into the car as I picked up a pack of gum that was in the cup holder, holding it up to him with a small smile. He nodded his head as I opened the gum wrapper paper and began to chew, putting the gum wrapper in the trash bag that he had in front. "I still don't know Malik like that, we've gone on one outing, as friends and we flirt here and there so, I don't think that I like him... However, there's something about him that makes him interesting to me."