CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
B a c k o n t h e G r i n d

One day later...

Today was now Monday, and it meant that it was time for work. I had a full schedule, and I was ready to put my focus on my acting career. I woke up bright and early, going into the bathroom to take my shower. It didn't take me long as I dressed in a puffed long sleeve white shirt, black dressy yoga, skinny leg pants that were both comfortable and stylish, and wore cheetah print, ankle strap flats.

I wore my hair in a top knot curly bun and teased it a bit. I applied a natural makeup look to my face, and I was ready to go. I checked my things on the bed as I had to pack up everything because I would be moving out of Terrell's house tonight.

As soon as we came home from our trip, I got another rental to take me to places. I went to the store, buying a few things for my new apartment, including a blow-up bed, until I bought the real deal. I know that I'd dread having the back problems that came with it, but it was time for me to leave.

Shaking my head at those thoughts, I left the house pretty quickly, arrived at work while entering the building of the production company. I instantly went to the clock-in area.

"Good morning, Breanna." Mr. McKnight greeted, entering the clock-in area. "You came in here so fast like you were speeding like Gonzales. How are you this beautiful morning?"

"I came here to work. That's probably, why," I laughed, clocking into the system as I couldn't believe Mr. McKnight was making small talk with me. "Um, I'm doing well. How about yourself?"

"I can't complain," He replied, clocking himself into the system. "Enjoy your day, Ms. Davidson,"

I nodded my head with a smile, watching him leave the clock-in area until I began to think of the movie we were filming.

"Are we still in the process of making the movie, sir?"

That is a dumb question to ask him, Breanna.

"We are," He answered, holding his briefcase in his hand. "We won't be filming today because we will be busy building the film set for weeks. However, we do have a few scenes to shoot. Make sure you talk to the agents today."

I nodded again, leaving the clock in the area as I walked to my desk, taking the iPad and folder filled with paperwork. I got started on taking the papers to the printer, and placed the copy inside, hitting the exact number of paper copies needed, and headed back to my desk. Checking the duties list, I had a lot of stuff to do today.

Office Tasks

1. Make copies of Call Sheets & Distribute them to everyone!

2. Make coffee for everyone!

3. Distribute walkie-talkies for each department.

4. Contact cast members and extras on filming/make sure their hotel bookings are reserved.

5. Check Emails + Answer Phone Calls.

6. Filing paperwork and data entry.

7. Set up group business meetings and separate meetings with the list of names in the second spreadsheet.

8. Make Copies of scripts.

These were just the basic things that I had to do, but I had more things that I needed to do, especially for set locations shoots.

I moved back to my desk, checking out the rest of the paperwork; I had as I heard someone's footsteps entering the lobby. The person continued walking until they stopped at my desk.