CHAPTER SEVEN

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

T h e B i g D a y,

P a r t O n e

Today was one of the busiest days at the company, and possibly the longest as I had to run an errand to get the breakfast from Waffle House that Mr. McKnight ordered for everyone and I didn't have to make coffee for everyone though it was becoming a routine for me. Once I left out of Waffle House, I headed into the direction of the building and parked the car on the side of the building, getting out of the car.

I retrieved the bag from Waffle House along with the drinks from the dollar store that was in the passenger's seat and locked the doors with my keys as I walked to the front door, opening the door I stepped inside and continued towards the entrance that led to the front area where all of the workers were. Then, I sat the bag of food and drinks in the break room.

Everyone in the front area moved into that room, as I got closer to my desk to check out my tasks for today which was a lot. I took a seat at my desk, as I ran my fingers through my curly hair while closing my eyes.

"Good morning." A voice greeted.

I looked up, seeing Mr. McKnight surprisingly being nice again to me on this early morning.

"Morning Mr. McKnight," I replied swiftly, giving him a half-smile as I watched him carefully. "Your receipt for the food is in the bag and the surprise is in the break room."

"Thank you." He stated, backing away from my desk as he moved to the break room.

Okay.

I got up to go to the break room, as Malik was walking in my direction with two foam containers of food in his hands. I wanted to ask him why he was always being so nice to me but I didn't dare to do so.

"Here, I know you normally have to wait for everyone to get their food first." He said, extending the box of food to me. "How are you?"

"Awe, thank you. You didn't have to do that," I kindly accepted the food, as we walked over to the chair in the lobby. "And I'm okay, I'll finally be searching for a home today or apartment..."

I opened the box of food, seeing the omelet, toast bread, bacon, and hash brown that looked good as I tore open the utensil and began to eat.

"I'm glad that you're getting out of that hotel room," He responded, biting into his bacon. "Tatyana still helping you with that?"

"Helping her with what?" Tatyana raised a brow, entering the lobby with her food as she took a seat on another sofa on the side of us. "If you're referring to homes, I'll call the people right now that can help you."

"It's still kinda' early so maybe a little later," I told her, eating my food.

"Good morning!" Raheem spoke indirectly, as he took a seat across from us.

"Who were you speaking to?" Tatyana glanced at him.

"Everyone that is in the room, Tatyana." He confirmed, as he seemed to be checking her out but kind of on the sly. "I'm surprised you ain't wearing heels."

"I'm giving my feet a rest, catch me wearing em' tomorrow." She winked at him.

He nodded his head, as I could've sworn he had a smile on his face. If so, they would make a cute couple and I'll have to play matchmaker one day.

"So, did anyone see the birthday boy yet?" I questioned all of Terrell's friends in the lobby.

"He's coming in a few minutes, I don't know who he thinks he is." Tatyana laughed, pulling her cellphone out of her purse. "Why?"