CHAPTER THIRTY

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

T r u s t
B u i l d i n g

Bryan, one of the main characters of Moments of Devotion, was on the set with a few of the designers fixing his clothes for the camera. It was just the second day of filming, but we were about a few takes in since Mr. McKnight; or someone from one of the production departments would see a problem and call for a cut that meant that we were getting a break very soon. I stood beside Leandra as she was growing annoyed at the fact that we were still making changes to some scenes.

I couldn't help but shake my head as I held a water bottle in my hand until Bryan's agent strutted in front of me.

"Do you have any more water bottles like that for my client?" She raised a brow, pointing to my bottle.

"Sure, I'll get you one," I said, giving her a forced smile until I walked away frowning at her rudeness, and went towards the ice cooler to retrieve a Fiji water for her client. I grabbed the water bottle and headed back to where I was to pass it over to the agent. "Here,"

Instead of telling me thank you, she walked off, and I fought so hard to keep my mouth shut. The disrespect was unnecessary entirely, and I bet it was because of my title.

"Calling for a one hour lunch!" Mr. McKnight announced.

"Thank you, God!" I exclaimed, turning as everyone glanced at me as I realized that I said it out loud, but they didn't even say anything. They laughed and went to their areas as I had to wait for everyone to eat until I was able to do so.

I made sure to set up a timer for my one hour break in case someone needed me because I didn't want to have Leandra popping up on me randomly as she did before.

"Hey," Bryan called, tapping my arm.

"Yeah?"

"I wanna' apologize for the rudeness of my agent, you don't deserve it, and I saw it," He stated, placing a hand over his chest to show that he seemed to be sincere. As his agent walked over to him with the water, he continued to give me a sympathetic look.

"It's fine. I don't appreciate the unnecessary disrespect," I innocently smiled. "But I do, however, appreciate your apology when it's not your fault. Thank you!"

"Now Bethany apologize to her," Bryan nudged her.

"I apologize for my rudeness," She said, giving me full eye contact.

I nodded my head, watching them walk away towards the food as I heard him telling her that she couldn't treat people that way, especially since he hired her as family. It made me respect him a lot for taking up for me as I waited in the middle seeing everyone getting their food as I left the film studio going to the clock-in spot to clock out and took a seat in the lobby.

I knew it was going to take a while for everyone to get their food. So, I just pulled my cellphone out and stared at the text messages from Johnathan Strong about reminding me to get in contact with an entertainment lawyer, as well as ask Mr. McKnight for an opportunity and also to see if I worked on my portfolio yet. I had to search for an entertainment lawyer that was willing to work with me.

I'm sure the internet had websites to go to get in contact with one. So I searched Los Angeles entertainment lawyers on google, and a bunch of websites popped up. I clicked on one of the websites and copied down a few names to my notes in my phone as I also made sure to set a reminder to research the lawyers on FindLaw to check out their records on discipline, etc. I know it was going to cost to get an entertainment lawyer, but if I needed them, then I was going to do what I need to do.