CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
D e f i n i n g M o m e n t s

Once we left the dinner party, Loren made sure that I left with us exchanging phone numbers and I told her that I had something planned. I hugged everyone goodbye and left out of the house with Malik. It was officially nighttime and getting dark out as we walked to the car.

"How you feeling?" He asked, holding the door open for me.

"I'm okay, baby," I assured him, pulling him in for a kiss before getting inside the car. "I think that it surprised me, but I'm good."

"Aight," He replied, pecking my lips again before shutting my door as he jogged over to his side where I opened the door for him. "I'm sorry if my cousins had you feeling overwhelmed. We are all close with each other,"

"It's not a problem at all," I told him, putting on my seatbelt. "In fact, I felt the love that y'all had at the dinner table. I love seeing how y'all close you are with your family, and the fact that they took me in. Family is a big thing to you and I love that about you,"

"I'm glad that you witnessed hearing all the good things that say about you," He said, pulling out of the parking lot. "One thing about my family is, when they like you, they'll make sure that you feel apart of the family. It's like that with all of my in laws. I also know how much family is to you,"

"Yeah," I nodded, staring down at my hands.

"I'm sorry," He apologized, holding my hand as he picked it up and kissed them.

"It's not your fault at all, honeybunny," I stated, hoping he knew that. "My family problems, well, it is what it is."

I wanted to change the subject so bad because it was still hard to talk about. I don't know if I'll be able to get through a conversation without growing emotional about my family. It was also harder since I didn't have siblings to share the experience that I had.

"Are you going home or?" He asked, looking over at me as he got on the road.

I didn't have any plans for tomorrow but to probably go check out some beds and furniture. It was time to get me a bed because I was tired of sleeping on the blowup bed and seeing my apartment look so empty.

"You want me to stay with you?" I asked, staring at him as he entwined our fingers.

"To be honest, yeah," He chuckled, stopping at the red light. "I just want to hold you."

"Then, I'll stay," I decided, smiling brightly at him. "I do have to go back to get me some clothes to sleep in. Also, will you go with me to look at beds and furniture tomorrow?"

"I got you. Whatever you need," He said, winking at me.

I laughed, feeling my phone vibrate in my purse as I furrowed my brows wondering who it was. I grabbed my cellphone out of my purse, and saw Johnathan's name flashing on the screen along with some other miss calls, text messages and emails. If he was calling this late, then it had to mean something important. So, I answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Breanna, I've been trying to get in contact with you," He affirmed. "I have some really good news to tell you,"