CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
N e v e r a D u l l
M o m e n t

It was later in the morning on Sunday, and I didn't even want to get out of bed. I sighed, getting up and looking around the bedroom, knowing that I wasn't in the guest room at Terrell's place; I was sleeping in someone's else bed. I looked at the overnight bag that I packed, and I went into the bathroom to start my hygiene routine and get myself dressed.

As I was getting ready, I heard my cellphone ringing, so I walked out of the bathroom, taking my cellphone off the charger. I checked the screen seeing Johnathan calling, so I answered it and placed it to my ear.

"Hello," I greeted him.

"Hey, good morning, Breanna." He returned the greeting. "It's been a little while since we last talked. How's it going with the things that you asked you to complete. Have you registered for the acting classes yet? How are things going with the entertainment lawyer?"

"It has," I agreed, clearing my throat. "I've had the meeting with Mr. Chandler, and it went well. He gave me a list of contacts to call, and I did as everyone told me good things about him. I also went to the acting class taught by Ms. Deanne Livingston at The Valentine Theater and even discussed doing private sessions with her,"

"Well, you seem to be doing things required for you to do," Johnathan stated. "Once you get your reel set, you'll be ready,"

"Yes, I can't wait to get everything done. I'm going to call Mr. Chandler for another meeting," I confirmed.

"Glad that you're almost there," He said.

"I appreciate your help so much,"

"No, it is my job." He responded. "Well, once you're through with the private classes. Please don't hesitate to give me a call,"

"Will do,"

After hanging up the phone, I got dressed and was ready to head out. I saved my clothes into a bag then placed it inside my overnight bag, zipping it as I opened the door. I walked out of the bedroom, noticing the wall, and seen pictures of Malik and his family. I spotted a baby picture, and I couldn't help but awe. He was such an adorable baby.

I moved further into the kitchen and saw Malik in the kitchen making breakfast. He had on no shirt but his Jersey shorts. I'm guessing he noticed my footsteps because he turned around and smiled at me. I could've melted right on the floor as my smile increased.

I didn't expect him to be so fit as I took time staring at chiseled abs and the muscles in his arms. It wasn't too bad; I didn't like huge guys with large muscles, so he was just right.

"Good morning, sunshine," He greeted, walking towards me by kissing my lips and hugging me close.

"Morning, honeybunny," I beamed, giggling at his face. "Thank you for allowing me to sleep in your bed for the night. It was so hard to get out of the bed this morning,"

"Not a problem," He shook his head, turning around to finish his food. "So, you slept well?"

"Absolutely, you know that you could've slept in the bed with me. Your bed is big enough for two people," I told him, taking a seat at the kitchen table.