CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

G O A L

D R I V E N

Hustler's ambition by 50 Cent blared throughout the house, as I was getting ready for work. Of course, Terrell was rapping loudly to the song as it seemed to hit him in the right way. I shook my head, staring at myself in the mirror at my outfit of the day. I dressed in a white bodysuit, blue high waisted ripped jeans and coral cloud pink puma suede platform sneakers with a matching fanny pack. I wore my B.A.D. necklace with my pearl earrings and applied lip gloss to my lips.

I was keeping it plain face again. Spraying on my perfume, I left my room and headed downstairs. Terrell was still rapping while he ate a bowl of cereal; as I stared at the outfit that he wore. Today, he was dressed up in a black and gold Versace long sleeve with black dressy pants and animal print Versace men sneakers with a gold watch and chain. He looked good and his confidence made him look even better.

"Good morning," He greeted me a head nod, sitting his bowl of cereal on a coffee table as he stared at me from head to toe. "You look good,"

That was one thing about Terrell, he would always give me a compliment or a word of encouragement that made me feel good about myself. And I always returned the favor because I genuinely appreciated him.

"Awe, thank you best friend," I grinned, checking the time on my cellphone. It was almost time for me to head to work to help Malaysia and the rest of the set designers out with the building the set. "You look so cute! I love the way you wear your shirts,"

"That's why you my shawty," He pointed at me, hitting his chest playfully with his fist. "I appreciate you,"

I laughed, checking my text messages that I had yet to read. I had one from Malik that made a smile appear on my face.

Malik: Good morning, sunshine. I hope you have a good day and when I see you, I'm going to give you a big hug and a kiss...on your cheek. Corny huh?

I agreed that it was corny but it still made a giggle escape my lips as I began to type him a reply.

Me: Morning! I hope you have a good day as well and it is, but I'm fine with it. See you later!

I locked my phone again as I let out a low sigh, as I glanced at Terry who was wiggling his eyebrows causing me to drop my smile and to playfully roll my eyes. I don't know whether I liked Malik or not because I still didn't know much about him or I haven't been around him long enough to develop feelings for him yet but I found myself blushing, giggling or developing butterflies as if I was a school girl every time that I was around him, so maybe it was a crush?

"You feelin' him?" Terrell smirked.

"No, any-who," I checked the time on my phone, "Look at the time, I have to get going now. See you at work, love you."

I heard Terrell laughing as I leaving the door, heading to the car. Today, it was my last day riding in this rental. It felt like it was my car as I rode in it over a month with the payment permission of the rental car service and now it was time to turn it in. I had to buy me a vehicle to get by once I turned the car in because I didn't want to ask people for rides.

As I stepped into the vehicle, I turned the car on and pulled out of the driveway as I began to get on the road. Snapping in my seatbelt, my phone that still has the Bluetooth on began to ring. I checked the person as it was Johnathan Strong so I pressed the button and his voice sounded off in my car.