CHAPTER NINE

Latoya "Toya" McCall above. 

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

I T ' S A P A R T Y !

    It's been a while since I've attended a party, and been around a lot of unfamiliar people. I wanted to back out of actually going to the party but that would've been wrong because I already told Terrell that I'll go. I checked the address on my cellphone, making sure that it was correct house and it was so I found a parking spot alongside the house.

I stepped out of the car after reaching over the passengers' seat to retrieve the gift bag and bottle of wine for Terrell then shut and locked the doors before I continued moving to the front door. I let out a deep breath plastering a smile on my face as I placed a knock on the door.

As the doors opened, I felt myself becoming nervous by the way I thought in my mind of different scenarios that would take place, what would go wrong, and my stomach tied in knots.

"Breanna!" Terrell excitedly exclaimed, holding his arms out for a hug as a grin reached his face. "I'm glad you came."

"I told you I would." I giggled, hugging him while keeping the bag from touching him which seemed to ease my nerves as I stepped back to check him out.

He wore a billionaire boys club fox sweatshirt, denim blue Balmain jeans, Nike AirMax 1 ' ultra essential' white and red shoes and a Knyew faded SnapBack. It was a casual fit that he took to a different level.

"I bought wine and your gift."

"Thanks, Lil' bit, come on in." Terrell extended the door open for me, allowing me through as he then whispered. "You look great, by the way."

I stared down at my outfit that I changed into for the party. A white rib knit, short sleeve bodysuit, denim blue side button mini skirt, white and tan pumas, a tan Michael Kors purse and gold bracelets.

"Thanks, you too," I replied, taking a look at the living room that looked homey.

It was a nice size for the living room as the house was decorated with the colors white and black. It had black painted walls, lots of black artist's paintings on the wall, porcelain tiled flooring, a long black sectional sofa against the wall on the left side, across from the sofa was a black love seat medium-sized sofa and a black small sofa. A white table centered in the middle of the room, a big flat-screen TV hung on the wall, as there were black and white curtains.

Also, there were two stands in the opposite corner, one filled with pictures of Terrell and his friends while the other was filled with trophies, awards, certificates—pretty much every award from all his school and college years.

"Your living room is decorated nicely," I said, noticing that the room was empty. "Where's everyone?"

"They're all outside, I was waiting for you to show," Terrell stated, taking the gift bag and wine bottle from my hands.

I smiled.

"You want me to give you a tour around here or go outside to meet with the others?" He asked, sitting the things down on the coffee table.

"Take me on a tour," I told him.

"Aight." Terrell chuckled, leading the way up the stairs.

"If you have three bedrooms, how many baths do you have?" I wondered.

"I have two and a half baths," He answered, walking upstairs to the first room. "This is one of the guest rooms. I make sure that everything is clean when people stay here..."