CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
M o r e t o C o m e

"Ms. Davidson, are you still with us this afternoon?!"

I batted my eyelashes, coming out of a daydream as I looked up at Mr. McKnight standing in front of me. Checking our surroundings, I remembered that we were filming the club scene, and it was coming along nicely. However, the room was close to being empty apart from the camera crew checking out a few takes.

"Oh, uh—, a-absolutely, Mr. McKnight, sorry," I apologized, giving him an embarrassed smile.

"Good. You seem to be kind of off today," Mr. McKnight remarked, "It's unlike you,"

It was my fault for staying up late until two-something in the morning with Malik, and I was slowly regretting it today. It wasn't Malik's fault because I chose to stay on the phone, and he was the main person telling me that we didn't have to stay up late talking to each other, and here I was, at work, daydreaming.

"I'm so sorry, I promise, it will not happen again," I reassured him, holding the clipboard in my hand.

"I'd expect it not to." Mr. McKnight continued, looking me over before checking his clipboard. "Well. It is now lunchtime, and I want you to know that the movie premiere is tomorrow. My stylist will be in contact with you regarding the dress code, and if there is a dress code; she'll make sure to give you a call and offer some suggestions,"

"Is it a daytime or evening movie premiere?"

"Daytime," He answered, handing me a paper. "I'll make sure to give you the time and schedule for the event. But that is your invitation, keep it on you. If you have any questions about this event, be free to ask Ms. Hendricks, who will also be joining you for the movie premiere,"

Leandra was coming too? Wow. It was going to be an interesting; event tomorrow. But, I made sure to fold the ticket and place it into my pocket.

"Will do, thanks, Mr. McKnight," I smiled, walking away from him and towards the table where the lunch was. Today, we were eating food catered by Smile N' Delight Catering. I wasn't sure what they prepared for us, but I watched as the actors and workers of the production company were in line waiting for their food, so I'm glad that I wasn't daydreaming for too long.

I headed towards the long line, finding a spot in the back as Malik appeared out of nowhere and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm sorry," He pouted, "I got you daydreaming and off today. That's my fault. I feel so bad, sunshine,"

"It's okay," I said, giving him a small smile. "It's not your fault. I should've listened to you whenever you told me that we didn't need to stay up so late,"

"But I was still just as wrong for not telling you sooner, sunshine," He replied, showing so much regret in his voice and face. "I should've been told you that,"

"I only got a warning, but I accept your apology," I declared.

"Thank you. You feeling okay?" He asked, removing his arms from around me as we moved up in the line.

"I am. Mr. McKnight invited me to my very first movie premiere," I admitted. "I'm going to be with Leandra, and I'm excited about it,"

"Congratulations, sunshine, I bet you'll enjoy yourself," He uttered. "Especially at the after-party?"

"After-party?" I repeated, furrowing my brows. "I don't know anything about that,"

"Yeah, usually at the end of movie premieres, the goers all attend an after-party," He explained. "Most actors and actresses don't like seeing themselves in movies or anything, it's weird, but they would rather go to the after-party, instead of seeing themselves on the big screen,"