CHAPTER THIRTEEN

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

O F F D A Y

C H R O N I C L E S

That night...

I finished cleaning up the guest's bathroom after taking a long shower and grabbed the sheets and comforter off the bed to the laundry room to wash then added fresh new sheets before going to the living room where Terrell was watching TV. He looked extremely comfortable with his feet on the coffee table and his hands rested behind his head as I ambled closer into the room, holding my cellphone in my hand as I took a seat on the recliner chair then I glanced over at the TV, noticing that he was watching a movie.

"Oh, you're watching one of my favorite movies!" I beamed, getting comfortable in the chair, as I stared at the movie, Coach Carter, that featured Samuel L. Jackson and Channing Tatum, playing on the flatscreen TV. "I swear this is in my top ten of black movie classics."

"Man, I hope you, not the type to quote every single line in the movie," Terrell chuckled, pausing the movie with his fire stick remote, as he glanced at me. "Because if you were, consider this friendship thang' over with."

"You'd do me like that?" I laughed, crossing my arms over the other. "But no, I'm not the type unless it's a musical then I'll have to sing and say every line aside from that, it's a pet peeve of mine when watching old movies with people."

"And Dreamgirls is one of them, right?" He raised a brow.

"How'd you know?" I giggled, putting my phone beside me.

"That's probably the only musical movie that I could watch," He shrugged his shoulders. "I dislike musicals and plays, all that singing after a line relates to that certain situation is annoying to me."

"Wow, now I'm questioning this friendship," I joked. "I really enjoy musicals and plays, especially Madea plays. Honestly, I enjoy the plays more than the movies."

"Aside from the random singing parts in the play, I like Madea plays too," He agreed. "What's your favorite Tyler Perry play? I like Madea goes to jail and the Meet the Browns play more than the others."

"Uh...I like those plays too as well as Madea's Big Happy Family was funny to me," I said, thinking about the other plays that I enjoyed watching now and then. "And Class Reunion has to be my favorite, wish it was turned into a movie."

"Yeah that one was funny too," He replied, rubbing over his chin. "Now that we've established that, what's your top five black movie classics? I have a few."

"Uh...that's a tough question Terry," I tried to think of all the black movie classics. "Would ATL count as a classic? Coming to America for sure, could watch that movie anytime, uh...what about The Pursuit of Happyness with Will Smith and Jaden Smith? Is that considered a classic movie? I love that movie and every time I watch it, I cry. The Wood, that's all I can think about right now..."

"Dang, no Friday or Poetic Justice? Feel like everyone has those in their top five for black movie classics," Terrell rubbed underneath his chin. "I liked House Party and Bad boys, but I do think ATL is a classic in my opinion. Coming to America is a classic, and The Pursuit of Happyness was good too, I'll have to throw in The Five Heartbeats and The Temptations too though."

"I thought you said you didn't like musicals?" I smirked, crossing her arms.

"I could make an exception for those two," He admitted. "Although those movies are long as hell, it's a classic."

"Very long," I agreed before I felt the need to ask him questions. "So, Terry, can I ask you questions since you're considered my best friend?"

"You just did but yeah, what's up?" He stretched his legs out, giving me his undivided attention.