CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
P a r t y E n j o y m e n t

We didn't leave the club until like—one something in the morning—so we decided to skip going to a restaurant dinner and ordered a Raising Cane's tailgate meal from DoorDash. It was like a pre-birthday party for Tatyana as there were balloons everywhere, music blaring in the villa, and we had a table filled with food that we ordered.

"Can y'all lower the music, right quick?" Malaysia announced, holding up a lit-up cupcake. "It's time to sing happy birthday to the birthday girl! My bestfriend, my BFF, sister forever, my Lola, Tatyana!

Raheem pressed pause on the music, moving closer to Tatyana as we formed a circle around her.

"I feel like I'm going to cry," Tatyana whined, curving her lips into a smile.

"Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you." We sang, doing the Stevie Wonder version. "Happy birthday, Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you, Happy birthdayyyy."

Tatyana fanned her face, trying to hold back her tears as she seemed so happy.

We continued to sing, giving her a moment to make a wish. Then, she blew out the candle, and we applauded her as she asked to continue to music.

Somehow, we got a hold of two microphones, and we've been having our karaoke night. We pulled up songs from YouTube, and we've been taking turns singing different songs; that had their very own playlist.

As soon as the instrumental of The Boy is Mine came on, all the girls in the villa screamed.

"It's my turn!" Malaysia shouted, trying to reach for the microphone.

"No, I haven't had my turn since the first round!" Leandra argued, turning her lip into a frown.

"Y'all forgetting that I never had my turn yet!" I exclaimed, crossing my arms together as I pouted.

"It's my birthday. I want to go!" Tatyana begged, jumping up on her feet.

The only person who wasn't asking for a turn was Toya because she was busy caking it up with the guy she met at the club. Demetrius and Toya were in-tuned since their first meetup at the club.

"The song gon' be almost finished if yall don't figure it out," Raheem uttered, eating one of the chocolate chip cookies.

"Shut up, Raheem!" We all collectively yelled together in a union.

"Damn, I was only trying to help!" He replied, holding his hands up in surrender as everyone laughed at him.

"No, for real, he right. Yall gotta' choose!" Malik chimed in, trying to hold in his laugh. "I can't let y'all talk to my brother like that."

"You act like you can't get it too!" Malaysia and I told him.

Everyone burst into laughter as Malik mugged as he walked over to me.

"Wait...I was playing," I said, laughing as he picked me up by my legs and had me thrown over his shoulder. "Now, Malik, if I fall..."

"You won't..." He chuckled, starting to walk as he had my legs secured. "You see how I don't hear her talking no more? She knows better,"

"Shu—," I started, holding him close since I knew he was very petty. "Okay, whatever you say, Malik."

"Y'all just need to make it official already!" Malaysia asserted, speaking loudly over the music.

"Breanna knows what's up," Malik remarked, taking me upstairs. "Imma' bring her back, and she'll be alright."

I started to kick my feet, making him laugh as he continued to bring me upstairs, and he walked straight into his room, putting me into his bed.