CHAPTER FIVE

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

O n e s t e p
a t a t i m e

"Morning, Lil' bit!"

I smiled, carrying the tray filled with coffee on top as I got ready to go on to the elevator to hand the drinks out to our boss and his crew. I woke up early and refreshed from last night and I was surprisingly excited for work today even when Leandra waltzed into the building, looking extremely well for a person to be sick yesterday. Yet, I didn't let it bother me whatsoever as I was happy to hear that she was taking her job back.

"Good morning Terrell," I greeted him, going to the elevator to press the up button. "How's it going?"

"Good, we're getting the things together for the auditions," Terrell answered, getting on the elevator with me as he pressed the second-floor button. "Did Mr. McKnight tell you about the radio station promotion for the audition?"

"No, not since yesterday." I raised a brow.

"Yeah, I think he'll talk to ya' about it..." He trailed off, giving me a grin. "You still coming to my party, right?"

"Of course, you invited me," I said, leaving the elevator as the doors opened. "Can you hold the door for me, please?"

"Yeah, I got you Lil' bit," He chuckled, holding the writer's room door open for me as he walked behind me and took a seat at the table along with the rest of the crew.

"Thanks." I mouthed to him, moving further into the room as I began to place the coffee in front of everyone. "Good morning everyone!"

"Good morning, Ms. Davidson!" The room filled with people replied.

I finished handing the coffee out and turned on my heels to walk out before I was called on.

"Breanna, I'll be going to a radio station today to promote the movie auditions," Mr. McKnight stated. "I'd expect you to come along so that you'll get more information to add until the movie promotion begins."

"Got it," I told him, grabbing the tray as I left out of the room while Leandra was strutting inside, purposely ignoring me.

It was petty on her part, but I completely understood why she felt the way she did because I was a newcomer slowly but surely finding her way at the company, developing potential friendships, and I handed her job well.

I didn't know why I had to go to the audition promotion thingy since Leandra was back.

Until then I continued to work on my office tasks such as handling paperwork, making phone calls and answering calls, maintaining the craft services, making copies of the scripts and other paperwork and creating and updating records that ensured accuracy as well as the validity of the information.

I also had to run errands, so I had a busy day. I got on the elevator, pressing the first-floor button and headed down to my desk to get started on my tasks. I grabbed the folder taking out the sheets that were needed to be print and took it to the printer.

I slid one of the sheets in the scanner before I typed in the number of copies that I wanted and got back to my desk. I took a seat in the chair, turning on the iPad as I began to check the tasks that I've completed already. Next, I moved to my next task, which was creating the shooting schedule online, as it took a while for me to finish setting it up.

I got up getting the papers from the printer, sliding it into my folder as the phone started to ring so I rushed over to my desk, answering the phone.

"Thank you for calling Freedream Film Productions, assistant Breanna Davidson speaking," I uttered into the phone, seeing Malik walking up to my desk as the person on the line requested to speak with Mr. McKnight. "Just one moment please, I'll refer you to his office."