CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
N i g h t s L i k e T h i s

"Yes, thank you so much. See you soon!" I said, ending the phone call with Mr. Chandler. Once I got off, I made sure to call him to discuss having a meeting this week with him just to confirm that I called his clients and I was ready to hire him as my new entertainment lawyer.

I also completed everything on my list of things to do. I called up a landlord to show me some apartments and even a few homes this week. I also booked my flight for Friday afternoon to Sunday, and I was so happy to be able to get this three-day weekend time off.

On Thursday, I was officially starting my private sessions with Ms. Deanne Livingston. Tomorrow I would surprise Malik with a super entertaining activity that was both fun and enjoyable for the both of us; I honestly couldn't wait to see his face once he saw what I had planned for us.

At the moment, I was getting ready to meet Malaysia at a boutique that sold clothes and bathing suits. I was tired from working all day, but I still needed to shop for clothes for the trip, and I needed to get some swimsuits because I was sure we were doing some water activities in Miami.

I took a quick fifteen-minute shower and put on a black two-piece jumpsuit consisting of a princess-seamed crop top with a V-neckline and lace-up back, with matching high-waisted wide pants. I paired it with my tan sandals and tan crossbody purse.

I exited out of the room and walked in the living room where Terrell was watching tv and eating food that I whipped up a couple of an hour ago, which was breakfast. Eggs, rice, and ham with my favorite condiment—ketchup.

"Well, TerryBear, I'm going to be at the boutique with Malaysia," I assured him.

"Alright, be safe. I love you," Terell replied, eating his food. "I'll leave the door open for you, lil' bit,"

"Thanks, love you too!" I waved, walking out of the house as I got to my rental car and unlocked the doors, stepping inside the car. As I buckled up, my cellphone begins to ring, causing my brows to furrow as I looked at the screen and noticed it was no one other than Malik, my, Honeybunny.

"Hey, sunshine," He greeted, sounding very cute.

"Hey, honeybunny," I giggled, knowing he didn't care for the nickname. "How are you?"

I pulled away from the house, placing my phone on the speaker as I continued to drive down the neighborhood streets.

"I'm good. I was talking with my cousins," He said. "We were talking about you, and they told me that you need to come around them more,"

Wow, I didn't think that Malik's cousins genuinely liked my presence. I thought they were only friendly and respectful because of Malik, but to know that they took a liking to me; made me feel good about myself. I remembered after eating, we played a few games, like charades which was the first time that I've ever played the game. We also played board games like Uno, Monopoly; turned into a couple of arguments.

His family was super genuine, goofy, and very kind to me as it made me feel comfortable and relaxed enough to be me. But I think it had to do with it reminding me of befriending people in college, and our ages were close. It almost sadly reminded me of my relationship with my cousins and how close we were. It saddened me that I didn't talk to them anymore, but I couldn't dwell on it.

"I'd love that," I agreed. "I like your family too,"

"I appreciate it. What are you up to?" He asked.

"I'm actually on my way to the store to meet with Malaysia," I confirmed. "We're going to be shopping for some stuff for the trip. Also, I already scheduled what I have planned for us to do,"