fifty

season 10, episode 19 - i'm winning

THE SOUND OF AN ALARM CLOCK GOING OFF, caused Allison to open her eyes as she, Meredith and Cristina jolted right up to sit down looking at their phones for the time to make sure they didn't miss the phone call

Cristina swore, "Oh, my God! The phone!"

"We should've gotten up earlier for some coffee." Allison rubbed her eyes, her back resting against Cristina's headboard.

"Not helping, Allie." Meredith warned, handing Cristina her phone as they waited for a call from the Avery Foundation.

Cristina Yang was on the short list of being nominated for a Harper Avery, which is why Meredith and Allison slept over to be there with her once she got the phone call and Cristina wouldn't have it any other way, having her close friends with her.

"Did we remember to—" Cristina began to say, freaking out whether they missed the time.

"No, no, it's—it's charged." Meredith assured her friend, looking at the percentage of the phone, which was fully charged.

"Oh, god." Cristina groaned, as she flopped back down on the mattress.

"It's charged and the ringer's on." Meredith continued to assure her, reaching for a lipstick, "Okay, hold on. You got to put on some lipstick."

"What if—" Cristina began.

"Don't." Allison warned cutting her off, "It's not possible because Catherine Avery—my mother-in-law said that you were on the short list, and your project is—it's innovative, it's gonna lead to actual printing of hearts."

"Millions will be saved." Meredith nodded, agreeing with her friend.

Cristina grew anxious by the minute, wanting to get the phone call already she looked at the both of them, "What time is it?"

Allison glanced at her phone to look at the time, as she saw messages from Jackson as well, "5:01."

Alex walked towards Cristina's room, popping his head inside the room, "Did they?"

"Not yet." Meredith informed him, shaking her head, while Cristina groaned.

Seconds later Jo walked in standing at the doorway of the room next to Alex, "Did they?"

Alex and Jo walked towards the bed as they sat down on the edge, waiting for the call, while Cristina just grew more anxious by the minute.

"Okay, listen, if there are five nominees, it's going to be alphabetical." Allison pointed out, "Yang is last."

Meredith, Alex and Jo nodded their heads knowing the brunette had a point. The silence was unbearing until a phone began to ring causing everyone to freak out before Jo held up her phone that was ringing.