twenty-three

season 8, episode 7 - put me in, coach

"THIRTY BUCKS, YOU'RE GOING TO STRIKE OUT

"THIRTY BUCKS, YOU'RE GOING TO STRIKE OUT." MARK YELLED FROM FIRST BASE TO ALLISON, who was walking up to the home plate with the bat in her hands. Allison just smirked. The doctors from Seattle Grace are practicing for the upcoming softball game against Seattle Presbyterian.

Jackson laughed, knowing Allison was going to win those thirty bucks, since she played softball when she was in high school. "You're going to loose, Sloan." Jackson yelled.

"Make it forty." Allison yelled out to him as she smirked.

"Deal."

Allison kept her eyes glued to the ball as Derek pitched it, without hesitation, she swung the bat sending the ball towards the outfield, where Meredith and Cristina were laying down on the grass.

Alex quickly rushed after the ball as the twisted sisters complained the ball could've hit them.

"Karev, throw the ball!" Owen yelled at Alex when he stopped to talk to Meredith and Cristina, the ball in his hands while Allison was reaching third base. Alex threw the ball to Mark, who threw it to Arizona, who jumped away from the ball as Allison reached the home base.

"Come on!" Derek yelled, as Allison smirked at Mark.

"Forty." She reminded him as she earned an eye roll from him.

Allison walked inside the dugout, where she saw Jackson and Lexie sitting next to each other. Jackson's hand raised for her to high five, and she did.

Derek's pager went off as he yelled, "Hunt, I gotta go." Derek told Owen, "Lexie, let's go!"

"What?" Owen frowned, seeing as the opposed team have arrived to practice on the field. The rest of the doctors leaving as well.

***

"Let's go Shepherd!" Webber cheered the next day at the game. It was Derek's turn to bat, the pitcher threw the ball as Derek hit it sending it flying to the air as Allison cheered. The excitement left their faces once one of the players from Seattle Press caught the ball.

"All right. All right. Karev you're on second." Owen said as the teams began to switch positions, "Let's get out of there and get it back. We can do it."

"We are down eight-nothing" Meredith pointed out as the group walked to their positions.

"We're screwed, he should call it now."

"The new chief's got something to prove." Cristina shook her head.

Allison made her way to second base as she observed the player getting ready to bat. "Get the walk!" Someone yelled to the batter after Teddy pitched.

Teddy's pitches were horrible, of course everyone knows it except for her. Allison eyes scanned around the field seeing as Bailey and Meredith were arguing with one another as Cristina watched them.