fourteen

season 7, episode 11 - disarm

ONCE OWEN AND TEDDY ENTERED THE ROOM HIS EYES SCANNED ACROSS THE ROOM

ONCE OWEN AND TEDDY ENTERED THE ROOM HIS EYES SCANNED ACROSS THE ROOM. Mark's arm was around a crying Lexie and Jacksons hand was holding Allison's tightly, he looked down at her as her focus was on the television.

"Hey, what's going on?" Owen asked.

"A major Seattle-area shooting...we have reports that a gunman has opened fire on students and faculty."

Owen looked at Bailey after glancing at Webber's comforting hand on April's shoulder as she cried, "Bailey? Bailey, fill us in."

"Again, that's Pacific College." Bailey turned around to answer but she couldn't, "We now take you live to our on-scene-reporter. Students and faculty are still in the building.

***

"There are fifteen ambulances on the way." Owen informed everyone as the doctors stood outside of the E.R. "Maybe more to come. First one is three minutes out."

"People...people...our own trauma is fresh and we are going to have feelings today, and there is no shame in that. What I want to say is, what we went through six months ago, they are going through right now, which makes them our brothers and sisters...which makes them fellow travelers, which makes them our own." Webber spoke, "So to the very best of our ability, we are gonna do our work first, and you're gonna have your feelings later."

"Grey." Owen looked back at Lexie.

"I'm fine." She sniffled.

Mark turned to look at her, "Go to the pit, make sure we're stocked. Call the blood bank—"

"I'm fine." Lexie interrupted him.

"Call the blood blank and tell them to give us all the O neg they have." Mark insisted. Lexie gave in and nodded.

Allison looked up at Jackson, "Are you okay?"

Jackson shook his head as he looked at her, "Are you."

"I will be." Allison faked smiled, as she thought about their own trauma.

"Carter!" Derek called out to her as another ambulance rolled in, "Let's go."

***

Allison loved Neuro, she felt like she was made for Neuro, but the one thing she disliked the most was whenever Derek and Meredith argue, this time they were arguing about Meredith going to go update on the wife.

The surgery went perfectly fine and they were able to save their patient despite the arguing, the three of them made the perfect Neuro team, some will say.

One by one, the doctors filled the gallery as they watched Dr. Altman and Cristina finish their surgery, the last gun shooting victim in the hospital—though he was the shooter, the doctors watched as they hoped the operation would be successful.

Allison sat in between Jackson and Alex as Owen walked inside, "I just took my kid to a room." Owen announced, "He was the last one."

"Besides this one." Webber spoke up as he pointed down.

"Yeah. Besides this one." Owen nodded.

"Thirty seven degrees." Cristina announced, looking at the monitor.

Teddy nodded, "Should be any minute now."

Everyone in the gallery was quietly watching. Teddy's finger tickled the heart before the monitor beeped rhythmically signally the patient is alive. Teddy looked up at the gallery and nodded as she looked back down to close her patient.

"We saw twenty-six patients." Webber spoke, "Twenty-six victims...and we had no casualties. No one died today."

Lexie began to cry, followed by April. Allison quickly wiped away the tear that made its way down her cheek. Allison reached out to hold Jackson's hand as she squeezed it.

Jackson wrapped his arm around Allison causing her stomach erupt with butterflies. She felt home and safe. She knew home was a place but to her, he felt like home. Whenever she was with him she felt safe and at home.

Derek's soft chuckle slowly evolved into laughter, seconds later his wife joined him. The action made the others laugh as well.

Stark looked at the doctors and shook his head, "I hate this place."

All of the doctors, minus Stark, laughed louder as they watched him exit the gallery.  As the doctors quieted their laughs, Webber stood up, "I was holding a grudge." He told Arizona, "I can hire you back, but you're gonna have to work under Stark."

Webber chuckled, patting Arizona's shoulder as he walked away and the rest laughed at the expression on Arizona's face.

***

S7 EP12: START ME UP

"Another negative?" Allison asked as she saw the gloom look on Derek's face. Derek nodded.

"I don't get it." Derek sighed, "We keep trying and it's always coming back negative."

"Maybe don't try?" Allison said as she looked at him, he was now glaring at her. "What?! It could catch you off guard if you don't try."

"Mmh. So what's going on with you and Avery?" Derek asked, seeing how close the pair are being.

"Shut up." Allison narrowed her eyes at him, "And nothing is going on. We're back to being just friends." Allison's pager was beeping causing her to sigh, "I have to go."

"You're not just friends!" Derek yelled out to her causing her to turn around and glare at him.

Allison caught up to the group as Jackson greeted her with a smile, "What is this, everybody got paged?" He asked

"It's that time of year again. The chicks have hatched."  Alex grinned.

"Is that some sort of code?" April frowned her eyebrows.

"Those chicks." Alex said, as the group came to a stop.

"Oh first year med students. Too dumb to find the toilet." Cristina said, making Meredith and Allison chuckle.

"Good morning." Webber spoke up, "Behind me stand the interns and residents of tomorrow. Today you will show them what it's like to be a surgeon. When you go into surgery, they go into surgery. When they have a question, you will have an answer."

"Fred Wilson you're with Dr. Yang." Lexie said, pairing them up with residents. "Kira Donnelley with Dr. Grey. Hudson Powell with Dr. Kepner. Laura Pinson..."

"Mine." Alex whispered as he saw how attractive the woman was.

"Mine." Jackson shook his head, causing Allison's smile to drop as she ignored the pang in her chest.

"Laura, you're with...Dr. Karev." Lexie informed the woman, "Edward Taylor with Dr. Avery." The residents went to their med students as Allison frowned since her name wasn't called.

"Uh, Dr. Webber my name wasn't called." She spoke up.

"You'll be on the clinic today, we need someone to cover it." Webber said, causing Allison to frown, "I'll be picking my chief resident in a few months..." Webber spoke loudly causing everyone to turn around.

"The race for chief resident is on?" Meredith asked.

"Since when?"

"Uh, how long have you've been evaluating us?" April asked.

"Since your first day here." Webber nodded.

Allison sighed as she went to make her way to the clinic, knowing it's going to be a slow day for her.