eight

season 6, episode 23 - sanctuary
season 6, episode 24 - death and all his friends

"YOU PAGED?" ARIZONA ASKED ALLISON WHEN SHE FOUND HER in the pit with a little girl and her parents, as she walked towards her

"YOU PAGED?" ARIZONA ASKED ALLISON WHEN SHE FOUND HER in the pit with a little girl and her parents, as she walked towards her. Allison nodded but before she could speak the little girls dad looked at Arizona.

"She's in a lot of pain." The man told the doctors.

"Ruby Kendall, age nine." Allison presented handing Arizona the scans, "Fever, tenderness over McBurney's point."

"All right, appendix. Let me check your belly." Arizona gave Ruby a small smile as Allison watched Arizona gently start to examine Ruby's abdomen.

"Ow" Ruby inhaled sharply.

"Oh, yeah." Arizona nodded, "You have a very angry appendix."

"That's surgery?" Mrs.Kendall asked, "She needs surgery."

"Yes, she does, but the good news is, it's the easiest surgery in the world." Arizona assured the worried parents before nodding at Allison, "I mean, she could do it."

"You're gonna let me do it?" Allison asked, surprised laced in her tone.

"You're going to let her do the surgery?" Mrs. Kendall asked.

"Oh, no, no, no. Of course not." Arizona shook her head, "I'm gonna do it. I'm kinda fabulous at it, and Ruby, you're gonna be outta here by tomorrow with a teeny tiny little scar and a very good excuse to have your parents feed you ice cream every night of the week." Arizona glanced at Allison, "Dr. Carter, admit her to peds and make sure she's comfortable while we get an OR."

Allison nodded her head as she smiled at the parents ready to get a room for Ruby on the peds floor.

***

Allison pager went off informing there was a lockdown, she furrowed her brows as she saw Mark at the nurses station talking with Lexie. Allison was going to do Arizona's post-ops as she begins to walk up the stairs.

"Sir, you can't leave this area." Nurse Vivian yelled at the man who was just starting to climb the steps.

Allison turned around to see a man just standing there. Before she could say anything Gary Clark raised the gun and fired two shots into Vivian. Allison eyes went wide as she heard people yell to get down, while she ran down the hallway trying to get away from him.

Allison ran for her life thinking Gary was behind her, she turned around to see she was alone. She quickly opened a door and hid inside a room, her back pressed against the wall, closing her eyes, Allison tried to catch her breath. Once her eyes closed all she could see is Vivian's lifeless body with a bullet hole in her forehead. Footsteps were heard outside the door making Allison's breath hitch in her throat as Gary Clark roamed the hallway going to a different floor.