sixty-six

season 11, episode 25 - you're my home

THE FOUR SURGEONS RECOVERED THE SHOCK OF APRIL, standing there as she ordered the rest of the doctors that made their way out on the ambulance bay

THE FOUR SURGEONS RECOVERED THE SHOCK OF APRIL, standing there as she ordered the rest of the doctors that made their way out on the ambulance bay. April got down and looked at them taking off her gloves, "They went to cut off the door, and all I could think was he's gonna bleed out. We need more time. I was pissed, but then I thought, no we need less distance to the O.R., so—"

Amelia began, "So you brought—"

"—the whole damn car." Maggie finished off for Amelia.

Allison and Meredith took off their lab coats. Meredith pointed to Keith, "How is he?"

"He's hanging on, barely." April answered. Meredith, Maggie and Allison walked on top to check up on Keith as Webber talked about how this wasn't the way they treat people at the hospital. April looked at them, "I just wanted to—"

"Give him a second chance." Allison finished off for her, "We got a second chance."

Meredith looked down, "Hey, Keith, It's Meredith."

"Thanks for having me over." He joked lightly, looking at the crowd of people that stood there, "How's Joan? What's the word on my baby?"

"We'll find out for you." Meredith assured him, nodding her head. "We got you."

***

The doctors went ahead to grab trauma gowns and put on gloves before they made their way back outside the ambulance bay. They began to move some stuff and check up on Keith, while he told them about Joan and their first date and about how she got pregnant.

"Grey, Avery, we're ready to cut the roof." Owen informed them. The two doctors nodded their heads while they looked at Keith.

"It's gonna get real loud and then it's gonna get scary, and then we're gonna get you out, okay?" Allison said, before she and Meredith moved out of the way.

The firefighters managed to take off the roof of the car and when it was removed the doctors all gathered to attend the bleeding while Allison kept Keith's head straight for no more injuries.

Meredith nodded, "Keith, how are you feeling. Talk to me."

"Uh...popular." Keith responded, begging to doze off.

"Okay, guys, when you clear, we're gonna cut away the piece of the door here that's impaling him, then you can get him inside, okay?" The firefighter informed them. The doctors nodded as they began to cut away the piece of the door impaling Keith. The sound of Catherine and Richard arguing caused the noise to stop, all the doctors staring at them. Catherine held up her left hand and slipped off the ring and gave it back to him and walked away.

***

The doctors stood around in a circle giving their opinions on what they should do since Meredith called off cutting the door since Keith yelled in pain. Jo looked back at them and turned around to look at her fellow co-workers, "We're gonna open him up out here?"