seventeen

season 7, episode 18 - song beneath the song

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?" MARK ASKED, running up to the group of doctors who are anxiously waiting for the ambulance to show up

"Car versus truck. That's all we know." Owen responded. Callie and Arizona were on their way out to spend some quality alone time when their car was hit by a truck. Their injuries are unknown to the group.

"And her injuries?" Mark turned to look at Owen, "What—the baby?"

"We don't know yet." Derek chimed in.

"Well, why the—why the hell don't you know? Someone get me a trauma gown."

"Mark, you need to sit this one out." Webber commented.

"I'm not sitting this one out. That's Callie. That's my kid." Mark refused.

"Which is why you can't." Webber tried to explain, "I'm sorry, you can't be a doctor on this one."

"Screw you."

"Mark." Allison softly called out for his name.

"Screw all of you."

Webber faced Mark as Mark put on a yellow trauma gown, "Look at me, Sloan, look at me. Maybe I don't understand what you two have, how you have it, but I understand this, she is your family. Callie Torres and that baby are your family, and the best way to help your family is to step back and let the rest of us do what you can't rationally—save their lives. Okay?"

Marks eyes looked everywhere until Derek and Allison spoke up to him, "Mark."

"I'm in the room, you hear me?" Mark said, "I'm in the room."

Dr. Webber nodded, "Okay." The ambulance arrived and parked as the doctors walked forward, "Hunt, you're in charge."

"All right, everyone." Owen ran forward, opening the back of the ambulance, "Multiple blunt trauma protocol. Let's go."

"Tachycardic and hypotensive en route." Arizona walked out of the ambulance, "Obvious head and chest injuries."

"Callie? Callie. We've got you, you hear me? Everything is gonna be okay."

***

"C.T. shows a large epidural and subdural." Allison looked at the scans.

"I need to get in there." Derek nodded at the anesthesiologist, "Is she under?"

Knox nodded, "We're ready for you."

"All right." Derek looked at the scrub nurse, "I'm going in. I need a 10-bladed. Bipolar to Dr. Carter."

"Bovie." Bailey nodded at a scrub nurse as Lexie sat down next to Callie.

"Wait." Lexie spoke up seeing Callie's eyes flicker, "Wait. Stop. Her anesthesia's too light."

"Oh, I can fix that." Knox got up from his chair and adjusted the anesthesia.