forty-six

season 10, episode 12 - get up, stand up

ALLISON CARTER ALWAYS DREAMED THE DAY she would get married

ALLISON CARTER ALWAYS DREAMED THE DAY she would get married. She imagined her father walking her down the aisle, she expected her mother to wipe her tears seeing her daughter in her wedding gown. She also expected to marry someone she was madly-in love with. The day was here, the day she will get married to Micheal—which is why she had the day off from any hospital work.

Meredith and Cristina's friendship has been causing a drift with work and personal life which is why they haven't had their bridesmaids dresses measured—which is why Allison found herself at the hospital, her hair in rollers in order for her hair to be curly for the wedding.

Allison exited the elevator, walking to find both Cristina and Meredith, but she bumped into someone causing her to mutter a curse before looking up to see it was Jackson.

Jackson spoke, with a smile on his face,"Wow, you look—-"

Allison shook her head, interrupting him, "Nope, don't say I look nice or I'll kill you."

"Like a train wreck." Jackson finished causing her to shake her head and chuckle as he looked around the hospital. "But I can see where it's going on. Um—what are you doing here?"

"I'm looking for my bridesmaids." Allison huffed, wanting nothing more to get this over with.

"Now is that some tradition, I don't know about?" Jackson laughed, amused by all this. Allison sent him a glare.

Allison sighed, "Are you gonna be there?" Jackson's smile fell, "All right. I totally understand if you're not."

"Do you want me to be there?"

"Yes, of course." Allison nodded, as Jackson noticed the hopeful look in her eyes.

"Then I'll be there." Jackson confirmed seeing the smile she wore on her face.

"Thank you." Allison breathed, going in for a hug but the hair rollers on her hair prevented them to embrace one another as she shook it off and left to find her friends.

***

Allison wandered through the hallways searching for Cristina or Meredith, hoping to find one of them soon. The cameras flashing caught her attention, as she opened the door, "There you are." Allison huffed at Cristina before taking a hold of her hand and dragged her away from the cameras, "Come on, let's go."

"Why are you here?" Cristina questioned her friend before she thought of it, "Are you bailing on your wedding?"

Allison looked a bit taken back, did they expect her to bail on it? Allison shook her head, "No."

Once she took Cristina to one of the rooms in the hospital where the seamstress stood with their measuring tape and the dresses.

"You haven't had time to get your dress measured so get your butt in there and make sure the dress fits you." Allison sternly spoke before closing the door and went to find Meredith.