fifty-four

season 11, episode 1 - i must have lost it on the wind

"APRIL IS PUSHING ME TO TELL YOU TO INVITE OWEN, out for drinks

"APRIL IS PUSHING ME TO TELL YOU TO INVITE OWEN, out for drinks." Allison said, once she caught up to Jackson down the hallway. Jackson furrowed his brows looking at his wife, "I mean you, Owen and Matthew."

"Why?" Jackson asked, the both of them walking down the hallway. Allison's baby bumps is visible—small but visible.

Allison sighed, "Cristina left yesterday, he's working non-stop and I made a promise."

Cristina left the other day with Ross. Stephanie, Jo and Ben are the only residents out of their group.

Jackson looked at his wife's face and sighed, "Fine."

Allison smiled, standing on her tip-toes leaning to kiss him on the cheek, "Awesome, see you later, love you."

Allison entered the E.R. making her way to April, who was talking to a little boy and his mother. She smiled at the family before looking at the red-head, "Hey, I got a page."

"Can you guys wait over there? I'll see what I can give out." April pointed to the waiting room section of the E.R. as the woman nodded, pulling her son away from the doctor, April turned to face Allison, "Come with me."

April and Allison walked to one of the trauma rooms, just as April opened the curtains in front of them to see Derek working on a patient, "Good, you're here. There's too much blood to do the ventric, can you help?"

Allison nodded turning around to look for the mom and son from earlier as she whispered to April, "He belongs to them?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, damn it. B.P's 220 over 123. He's bradying down." Derek spoke looking at the monitor just as Allison put on her gloves, walking over to him.

Derek was supposed to be in Washington by now with Meredith, but she changed her mind about moving because she wants to stay in Seattle and Allison understood. Derek hasn't left but he was going to soon, and Allison didn't want to confront that but as long as he is happy doing what he is going to do, then who is she to stop him?

"The family's asking for an update. Is there anything I could tell them now?" April questioned them.

"Nothing good."

***

Once the patient was stable enough they were able to move him up to the O.R. Derek was drilling inside the brain, while Allison did the suction. Ben observed the surgery from beside Derek.

"Look at us, operating once again—the neuro dream team." Allison had a smile behind her surgical mask.

"We haven't done that in awhile." Derek agreed, shaking his head at the name Allison gave them, his eyes on the surgery in front of him.