two

season 6, episode 8 - invest in love

ALLISON CARTER WALKED INSIDE SEATTLE GRACE with Alex by her side when she saw, Derek Shepherd buying a coffee

ALLISON CARTER WALKED INSIDE SEATTLE GRACE with Alex by her side when she saw, Derek Shepherd buying a coffee. Seconds later, Derek spotted her as he walked towards her as she smiled at him, greeting him.

"Good morning, Shep" Allison smiled at him as the three of them began to walk towards the elevator.

"Morning, Allie" Derek greeted. Seconds later Chief Webber passed by them making his way towards Alex, making them stop walking, "Morning, Chief."

Richard just stared at him before glancing back at Alex, "When you're free come find me." He nodded his head, greeting Allison who politely smiled at him. Once, Alex nodded his head to Richard, he left the three doctors alone.

Allison saw the way Webber ignore him causing her to glance at her best friend, "What was that about?"

"He fired me. And I refused to be fired, so I say hello to him every morning and he says nothing." Derek explains to them before glancing at Alex, "Have you heard from Stevens?"

Alex scoffs as they walk, "Not a word."

"They'll come around when they come around." Derek told him as they reached the nurses station grabbing the chart before leaving them alone.

"He's got a point" Allison nodded as she placed her hand on Alex's shoulder squeezing it lightly, "See you later."

***

"How she doing?" Allison asked once she entered the room, seeing Derek writing on the patients chart.

"Touch and go. How's the baby?"

"Same." Allison nodded. Alex informed the baby's status before she walked inside the mother's room.

"Any news from the family?" Derek asked, since the woman—Laura came to the ER late at night, although Derek didn't page her.

"No. Alex and I left a message and we haven't heard back yet." Allison said, as they heard the monitor beeping erratically, "I.C.P is elevated. B.P won't stabilize."

"Uh 100 mics of fentanyl, please." Derek informed the nurse in the room, "Laura? Laura, can you hear me?"

Laura slowly opens her eyes, "My baby? Where's my baby?"

"She's struggling but she's hanging on." Allison softly tells her nodding her head.

"Can I see her?"

"I'm sorry. No. You're too unstable to move" Derek softly told her, seeing as she just had brain surgery not too long ago.

"So is the baby."

"I just want to hold her. Please. I want to hold my baby." Laura breathed out, not liking how her baby came into the world with no one to hold her.

"Laura, I need you to stay calm, okay?" Derek asked, seeing as the monitor increase.

"What if she dies before I get to hold her? She can't go before she's ever even been held." Laura freaked out as tears formed in her eyes.

"It's okay. It's going to be okay, Laura, your baby is in good hands." Allison explains. The monitors began to beep rapidly, seconds later Laura began to seize.

"Push 10 of diazepam and give me some supplemental 0-2, please." Derek told the nurses in the room as he tries to calm down the seizing with the help from Allison.

***

"Oh my God, shirtless Karev." Allison smirked as she walked inside the NICU crossing her arms across her chest, seeing Alex holding a baby on the left side of his chest making Alex glare at her.

"Karev, What are you doing?" Derek asked walking inside, seconds later after Allison as they stand side by side.

"He's saving a baby's life, that's what." Bailey answered for him, gesturing to the baby and the monitor.

"Dr. Bailey, I—" Reed spoke up walking inside the NICU as well as she glances up before turning around quickly, "—Oh, no shirt. He's wearing no shirt."

"Have you started to lactate yet?" Derek asked, ignoring a flustered Reed, making Allison laugh as she held up her hand for Derek to high five.

"That one was a good one." She nodded laughing, making Alex shoot the both of them a glare.

"Bailey made me." Alex defends himself not liking how vulnrable he is at the moment.

"Is this the room for the calendar shoot? I was told it was downstairs" Mark asked, stepping inside the NICU. Allison tried to cover up her laughter but failed.

"Yeah, all right. That's enough. Everybody out." Bailey defended Alex, "Let Karev do what he's doing in private."

"What is he doing exactly?" Mark asked, as Bailey shot him a glare.

"Out."

The four doctors left the NICU, Mark, Allison and Derek went on one side, while Reed went the other way. Allison nodded to them, "See you guys at the party?"

Mark nodded, "See you, Carter."

***

Allison was done for the day, all she did was do post-ops on Derek's patients. The Carter quickly put on her leather jacket as she left the hospital making her way across the street to Callie and Cristina's apartment for Arizona's surprise birthday party.

Allison believed that surprise parties are for kids and not adults, kids enjoy them more than adults, but it's what Lexie suggested to Callie so they went with it.

"Surprise!" Everyone yelled, as they heard the door open and Arizona walked inside the apartment. Allison's smile didn't leave her face until she saw Arizona's facial expression to change and suddenly she began to cry causing Allison to frown.

Mark nods knowing the surprise party was a bad idea. Arizona quickly leaves the apartment with Callie following behind.

Allison sighed as she made her way towards Mark who was sitting by himself. "It's like you knew surprise parties are a bust."

"For adults, yeah." Mark shrugged, as Allison took a sip of her beer. Mark's eyes trailed off to his girlfriend. Allison followed to where he was looking to find Lexie talking to a guy.

"She loves you, no need to get jealous, Sloan." Allison told him, making him glance back at her.

"I'm not jealous." Mark scoffed shaking his head.

"Okay" Allison chuckled, she glanced up to see the man not there where Lexie was so she left so Mark can be with her.

A few minutes have passed by, and Allison was in the mood to leave and go home but she wanted to use the bathroom and seeing as Cristina's room was closer she decided to head inside.

Opening the door, Allison finds Cristina kissing someone that was not Owen. "I'm so sorry. I-I should've knocked. I thought no one was in here."

The pair looked at her, Allison's breath got caught in her throat as she sees the man who broke her heart for the first time in six years. Jackson eyes go wide as he sees her, the one woman he has truly ever loved. Before anyone can say anything, Allison quickly rushed out the door closing it behind her as she makes her way to exit the apartment, trying to get away from him.

Jackson's shock quickly went away as he realized that was Allison, his Allison. He quickly left Cristina's room and made his way down the stairs, hoping he would be able to catch up to her. There was no luck, there was no trace of Allison. Jackson Avery couldn't help but curse at himself.