thirty-one

season 9, episode 2 - remember the time

THE SOUND OF MONITORS CAUSED ALLISON TO LOOK AROUND HER SURROUNDINGS

THE SOUND OF MONITORS CAUSED ALLISON TO LOOK AROUND HER SURROUNDINGS. Doctors and nurses surrounding her as she looked around, "I-I have to get on a plane." She spoke up, "I have to catch a plane."

Allison pushed the doctors hands away, who only responded calmly, "No, no, no. Dr. Carter, you were on a plane." The doctor leaned Allison back on the pillows as she checked her pupils, Allison trying to fight her way out of their hold, "You were in a plane crash. Can you tell me what you—-"

She got up pushing the doctors hands once again, "W-Where's Derek? Mark? Meredith? Arizona? Where's Cristina, Oh my God, Lexie?"

"Lay back and relax" The doctor said, trying to push Allison back on the bed as she tried to push them back with all her strength.

"Where are my friends? I need to get to my friends."

"We've got them." The doctor assured, lightly pushing Allison back on the bed, who only kicked wanting to get away.

"We're taking care of them."

"Let me go. I need to see them." Allison pushed the doctor away before she felt the nurse inject something in her, she felt her eyes close as she fell to deep sleep, for the first time since the plane crash.

***

FORWARD.

"I mean, what am I supposed to say to her, 'Hey, remember the time that I quit and you got pissed and took my seat on a plane that crashed and now you're trading in your wheelie sneaks for a peg leg?' Sorry. My bad?" Alex said, once Meredith referred if he has talked to Arizona.

The surgical fellows decided to have both Cristina and Allison in the same room so they wouldn't have to switch off every now and then. Jackson could remember when they told him Allison and the others were in a plane crash, he never wanted to see her in the state she is currently in. He felt his heart break into pieces, she looked numb and broken.

Jackson walked inside Cristina and Allison's room as he eyed Allison who was staring at the ceiling. "How are we doing here?"

"Hey, Jackson." Meredith called out to him, "You're talking to Sloan, right? Keeping him updated."

"Yeah." Jackson answered, "Not about work stuff though. He doesn't need that kind of pressure right now."

"What is wrong with you two?" Meredith looked between Alex and Jackson.

"I just said that—"

"No, I'm just saying, they're fine. They're gonna be fine. Arizona's not gonna lose her leg, and Sloan is coming back. They're coming back so let's act like it." Meredith sighed as she looked at Cristina and Allison's emotionless face. "We're all gonna be fine."