fifty-two

season 10, episode 22 - we are never ever getting back together

ALLISON MANAGED TO SQUEEZE IN ANOTHER APPOINTMENT with Dr. Matthews. She laid down on the patient bed, while Jackson stood beside her, the sonogram machine in front of them. Allison's scrub top was lifted up just as Dr. Matthew slides the wand on her belly.

"There you go, you see right there." Dr. Matthews pointed to the screen, which showed their baby, "That little blueberry's what you've been waiting for."

Allison would never grow tired of being surprised and shocked that she is carrying a baby inside of her. She looked over at Jackson, who hasn't said anything ever since she announced she was pregnant. Jackson's grim face turned into a smile, turning his head to look at his wife.

"Wow." Jackson smiled, looking at the screen in awe. That is his baby, his and Allison's.

"Based on your baby's size, I believe you're about six weeks." Dr. Matthews informed them, retrieving the wand from Allison's belly. She then printed the sonogram picture and handed it to the couple. "We can schedule your next appointment in my office."

Allison nodded at her, before the O.B doctor left the room. Allison held the small picture in her hands, and lightly let out a smile. She turned her head to look at Jackson, "We're happy about this? Right?"

Having a baby wasn't ideal, they just got married, and their fellowship contract is coming to an end next week. They agreed to live the married life, first. But everything went out the window as they stared at the sonogram picture.

"We're happy about this." Jackson confirmed, "Baby, we're pregnant."

Allison teared up, seeing the wide smile on her husband's face. Jackson's arm went around her shoulder, "We're pregnant."

***

Later that day, Allison, Derek and Amelia walked down the hallway with doctors trailing behind them. Amelia has been staying in Seattle for quite some time, and Derek invited her to participate in a surgery.

"The Cooper's chose to do their surgery here because we've done so many of them that we're getting good at it. This one is a little bit tricky because it involves the brain." Derek explained to the doctors behind them. The Cooper twins came into view as they walked to the main lobby Nurse's station. Derek glanced down at his sister, "Are you ready for this?"

"Third time, yeah." Amelia nodded, dismissing it.

"I'm just saying, this is a very big surgery." Derek retorted, not wanting any mistakes on this surgery. The three of them making their way to the Cooper's.

"Derek, you asked her to help. No second thoughts." Allison dismissed. The group reached the twins at the end of the hallway.

"You must be Annie and Liz." Derek said, a smile on his face as he came to a stop. The doctors behind him did as well.