nineteen

season 7, episode 21 - i will survive

"YOU'RE GIVING UP THE TRIAL WITH WEBBER?" ALLISON ASKED, as she approached Jackson in the hallway

"YOU'RE GIVING UP THE TRIAL WITH WEBBER?" ALLISON ASKED, as she approached Jackson in the hallway. "Why?"

Jackson looked at her, this was the first time since they have had a talk just between the two, "I—Uh."

Jackson didn't have time to finish because Allison put two and two together, "Because you're an Avery by association it could screw up the chances of him getting a Harper Avery award."

"Yeah." Jackson softly said. He couldn't explain to Webber why he quit the trial, he would rather be seen as a quitter than ruining the chances of Webber wining an award.

"I'm sorry Jackson." Allison frowned, knowing how sometimes being Avery has its down sides. She knew how much he wanted to be part of the trial.

"It's the right thing to do, right?" Jackson asked as the two continued to walk down the hallway.

"Yeah."

***

"Hey, how is she?" Allison asked, as she went to stand beside Derek, who was observing Zola.

"She's great." Derek grinned.

"Admit it. You saw how good this baby looked on me, so you had to get one of your own." Mark spoke up as he made his way to stand beside Allison.

Allison and Derek chuckled, "Everything's a competition with you."

"How'd her surgery go?" Mark asked.

"Robbins said she's fine. She's feeding again."

"Good, because Sofia can't wait to have a new friend." Mark looked down, "Isn't that right, Sofia? You and Zola are gonna be best friends. Isn't that right?" Mark looked back up to Derek, "Oh, you just wait this crap will be coming out of your mouth, too."

Derek chuckled, "Well, let hope so. We're dealing with the international adoption treaties, and the waiver we need, they just don't...usually give those things out."

"You both are great surgeons, and you guys are going to make good parents." Allison assured.

"We'd be naive to get ahead of ourselves."

"You're Derek Shepherd. There's a reason I've been jealous of you my whole life, and it's not your hair." Mark said, making Allison chuckle, "You're going to be okay, even Sofia knows that." Mark returned to his baby voice, "Right Sofia? Uncle Derek is going to be Zola's daddy. Yes he is, right?"

Allison shook her head as she rested her head on Derek's shoulder, "You're going to be fine, the both of you."

"I'm gonna go feed her." Mark dismissed himself leaving the pair to observe Zola some more.