fifteen

season 7, episode 13 - don't deceive me (please don't go)

"WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S REALLY FUN AND NOT AT ALL DEPRESSING?" Derek asked Mark and Allison as he walked inside the conference room, "Alzheimer's research

"WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S REALLY FUN AND NOT AT ALL DEPRESSING?" Derek asked Mark and Allison as he walked inside the conference room, "Alzheimer's research."

"I hate you." Allison spoke up causing Derek to look up at her with frowned eyebrows, "You let all the other residents except me and Mer try to get into your clinical trial." Derek was about to speak but Allison beat him to it, "And you said you would let me help!"

"You spend too much time on Neuro." Derek said. "And I said maybe."

"I have a liar of a best friend." Allison told Mark, "And Yang spends too much time in Cardio she is married to it, like I'm married to Neuro."

"She's right. She's like the other Yang but with Neuro." Mark nodded, "Also, Callie's pregnant, she's having my baby."

"Thank you." Allison smiled as she was ready to brag to Derek how Mark was on her side when Mark's word processed in her head, "What? Callie's pregnant?"

"What?"

"Right?" Mark nodded with a smile, "Best news of my life." He tilted his head as he looked down, "At least it would be, except for the fact that Lexie wants a baby about as much as she wants a root canal. I-I guess I could tell her I'm the baby's uncle, but I don't want to be the cool uncle. The cool uncle is only cool till the kid's like, nine, and then the cool uncle's just creepy." Derek chuckled, "I'm the dad. I want this..and I want Lexie."

"Uh wow."

"I don't know. What to do I do?" He asked his two closest friends in the hospital.

"Tell her the truth." Allison softly said. Mar quickly shook his head, disagreeing with her.

"You're the man with the answers." Mark looked over at Derek, "What do you think?"

Derek tilted his head as he glared at Mark. "How could Meredith and I try for months and not have any luck, and you look at somebody and a baby appears?"

"Sloans are unusually fertile." Mark shrugged.

"You're a classic example of failing up." Derek said.

Mark sighed, "Not exactly the advice I was looking for."

"Well," Derek got up and grabbed his charts from the table, "You got it." He raised his cup of coffee at both of them, "Cheers."

"Hey! Here's a crazy suggestion." Allison spoke up once Derek left, "Tell her the truth, Mark, it's the only answer."

Mark's pager went off as he walked away as Allison stared at her hands.

***

Allison continued to write down on charts as she looked at her watch seeing the time. She began to write down the few things the chart needed before closing it.