thirty-nine

season 9, episode 16 - this is why we fight

ALLISON FOUND HERSELF SITTING NEXT TO MEREDITH AS THEY WENT THROUGH THE PLAN in Meredith's old house, "A packet?" Cristina asked, "We're gonna convince these people to give us 175 million with a packet?"

Meredith shrugged, "It's a nice packet."

"Owen stopped calling. If this doesn't work, he'll never speak to me again." Cristina said, worried about him, she was doing this for Owen.

"Once we buy the hospital, the sneaking around stops." Allison assured Cristina, knowing how much it was bugging her.

Meredith nodded, "And once Owen finds out what we did, he's gonna be the happiest of all. Derek is completely convin—" She stopped speaking as Alex walked inside the kitchen, causing the two other girls to bring their heads up.

"Hey." Alex greeted them.

Cristina brought her coffee mug to her lips, "Hi."

Meredith smiled, "Good morning."

Allison nodded, "Hey."

Alex stared at them as he went into the fridge, brought out a small box of pizza and raised his brows at them, "Okay, really?" He put the box away, grabbing a slice, "It's been a week. What the hell is going on? You walk out, no warning, and now the hospital's falling apart. Yesterday a bunch of nurses walked." The three women looked at one another, "We lost lab techs, support staff."

"What?"

"I mean if you wanted to screw the pegasus deal, success, high five. But now people are saying that without a buyer, the whole place could belly-up in a month. What are you trying to do?"

"We—"

"Cristina." Meredith warned, as Allison looked down at her coffee mug, feeling guilty not being able to tell her other friends what they're planning.

Alex looked at them, as Meredith shook her head, causing Alex to sigh, "Fine. Whatever."

***

"Okay, this time, I'll do the peds and trauma stuff first." Arizona told her friends, as they prepare for their presentations.

"And then Allie and I will go into Neuro." Derek continued.

"Okay." Callie inhaled, "Can somebody else do the closing? I-I was awful the last time we practiced."

"No, you were fine." Arizona assured.

"We really want to end on my flop sweats?"

"Derek, you do the closing." Arizona assigned.

An assistant walked up to the group and apologized, "I'm sorry. It should be just a few more minutes. Can I get you any water or coffee?"