fifty-six

season 11, episode 6 - don't let's start

IT'S BEEN A FEW WEEKS AND ALLISON IS NOW FOURTEEN WEEKS PREGNANT

IT'S BEEN A FEW WEEKS AND ALLISON IS NOW FOURTEEN WEEKS PREGNANT. Jackson and her have told everyone she was expecting at the hospital and it seemed obvious, her belly was just growing. They have told everyone except for Allison's aunt, and she wanted to keep it that way.

The neurosurgeon walked down the hallway but turned around when she heard her name. Derek caught up to her and smiled, "What are you and Avery doing for dinner tomorrow night?"

"Having dinner?" Allison questioned, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion, by the look on his face she gave him a look, "What the hell did you do?"

"I invited Pierce and Webbed over for dinner." Derek revealed, Allison's eyes went wide. Everyone knew about the tension between Maggie and Richard, since she is his biological daughter and he had gone so long without telling her the truth and things between them went downhill. Meanwhile, Maggie and Meredith are on good terms, the two actually having a conversation without wanting to rip each other's hair off.

"Are you trying to win an award for the most awkward dinner party...ever?" Allison asked, the two walked down the hallway, "Because if you are, you won the award."

"Don't you talk with Pierce?" Derek asked.

"The usual greeting but we've never worked on cases together, that's all Amelia." Allison told him. Amelia and Maggie are getting closer to one another and they worked on cases together as well while Allison just knew of Maggie's existence.

"Well, you're a friendly face and your family so..." Derek trailed off.

Allison sighed, "I'll let you know."

"How's my little niece or nephew?" Derek asked. When Allison told Derek she was pregnant, he was ecstatic for her, she got the love of her life and she's having children of her own just like she wanted.

"The baby is good." Allison smiled, rubbing her growing belly, "Jackson and I are thinking about decorating the extra room for a nursery but with work we hardly have time."

"What about names?" Derek asked.

"Well, I have name options of my own and so does Jackson but you won't know until after the baby is born." Allison continued to walk down the hallway, "The element of surprise."

***

Allison walked inside the room, the extra spare room that they had in the apartment, which would be the nursery. So far, the room had some drawers which were empty, the color of the wall was a light brown. She found Jackson arranging a few things inside, the Avery girl frowned her eyebrows, "Hey babe, what's going on?"

"Hey, your aunt sent a few things" Jackson looked up from the supplies, looking at his wife, holding up some baby bottles, baby clothes all neutral since they didn't know the gender and right in the back of the room laid a crib, "I'm just fixing it up and folding the clothes to put in the drawer.