one

season 6, episode 5 - invasion

ALLISON CARTER LEANED AGAINST THE WALL, as the residents and interns stood in Meredith's room staring at the Mercy Westerns who just arrived to Seattle Grace

ALLISON CARTER LEANED AGAINST THE WALL, as the residents and interns stood in Meredith's room staring at the Mercy Westerns who just arrived to Seattle Grace. When Chief Webber explained that Seattle Grace is merging with Mercy West, everyone was not thrilled since they had to fight for their positions, luckily Allison and her friends were saved—for now.

"They're locusts—feeding on our surgeries." Meredith Grey spoke up as Cristina Yang examined her. Meredith gave her liver to her alcoholic father making her stay in bed rest for a week and a half.

"It's rude. There should be at least a couple of days where they act like guests before they put their feet up on the coffee table." Izzie Stevens commented.

"And what's with the orange scrubs? What? Ours aren't good enough for them?" Lexie Grey asked, as she looked at the bright orange scrubs they were wearing from the window.

"We ran out. They're on back order. Randell from the supply company says there'll be here in a week." Meredith told her sister, informing the rest of the doctors, who look at her wondering how she knows that type of information, "That's what you learn when you lay here all day."

"Why bother ordering new ones? We could just give these to our replacement." Ryan—Allison's intern spoke up, making her frown.

"We are not going to be replaced by anyone." Allison Carter spoke up, as she nervously played with her necklace that held an engagement ring, not believing it herself.

"If I have to become a coroner..." Steve tried to finish that sentence but was interrupted by Meredith.

"No one is becoming a coroner." She glances at Cristina who sat down in one of the chairs, "Cristina, tell him."

"Tell him what? They're here. It's over." Cristina replied, mono-toned as she looked over at the orange scrubs.

"Hey. We are not some stupid hosts. They can't invade us. They can't attach themselves to our faces and then while we're eating spaghetti, explode out of our chest and skitter across the floor. This is our ship. This is our ship." Meredith stared at everyone as they looked back at her.

"Area—Are you quoting a sigourney weaver movie?" Lexie asked her making Izzie chuckle.

"That's what happens when you live here, you watch a lot of TV" Izzie commented, Izzie was diagnosed with cancer a couple weeks back so she stayed in the hospital and now she's married to Alex Karev and is once again a resident.

"We own this hospital. We were born in this hospital and we will hold this hospital with our last gasping breath."

"I really don't want to be a coroner. I don't like dead people." Steve shook his head.

"Go out there and go get surgeries before they take them." Meredith said as the interns walked away leaving the residents inside the room, "Go! And I want a full report by the end of the day."