thirty

season 9, episode 1 - going, going, gone

DEREK'S PHONE RANG, ONCE HE NOTICED WHAT TIME IT WAS, reaching inside his pocket he took out his phone seeing Allison's name pop up

DEREK'S PHONE RANG, ONCE HE NOTICED WHAT TIME IT WAS, reaching inside his pocket he took out his phone seeing Allison's name pop up. With a sigh he answered the phone, seeing Allison's face pop up. "Richard just left the room informing me we're all set up for tonight." Derek sighed, "Are you going to make it to Seattle before 5:00?"

"I am." Allison nodded through the phone, her eyes on the road, "I'm in Tacoma right now."

"You're less than an hour away, Allie." Derek frowned knowing she's gonna be tired. "You still have your key right? You can crash in the house and come to the hospital at 4."

"I will." Allison assured, "I promised I will be there today, so what it was a seventeen hour long drive. I'm not one to break promises."

"Except Jackson's." Derek muttered, but was heard by Allison.

"Hey!" She semi-yelled through the phone, "I-I wasn't in the right state, and then I ran off to Los Angeles." Seeing as they were in the topic she spoke up, "How is h-he?"

"He looks fine. Still here, he informed Tulane what happened, so he put it aside for Mark." Derek informed her.

"Your arm?" Derek noticed she was driving seeing as her eyes looked at the phone every now and then.

"I-I think I'm ready for surgery."

"Are you sure? You shouldn't be putting that pressure on yourself." Allison concerned voice said.

"I have been practicing for weeks. I feel good. I can't just sit around staring at the clock." Derek dismissed, "Especially today."

"Especially today." Allison repeated.

***

PAST (2006)

Allison and Meredith were currently writing in one of the charts at the nurses station, while Allison looks back and forth from the computer. "Invasive non-small cell with a history of C.O.P.D.?" A voice spoke causing both heads to turn to face a man, "Guy's pretty much a goner, huh?"

"Sensitivity—I like that in a stranger." Meredith spoke, nodding her head.

"Are you new here?" Allison asked, raising a brow, not recognizing the man in front of her.

"Visiting." The man revealed, "Confounded  by all the rain and it's only my first day in town."

Allison nodded, as she walked away, "You get used to it."

"Makes me want to stay in bed all day." The man followed her, as Meredith looked at them speaking.

"We just met, and already you're talking about bed." Allison rose a brow, "Not very subtle."