sixty

season 11, episode 13 - staring at the end

AT LEAST EVERYONE HAS HEARD ABOUT THE AVERY'S situation with their baby, Allison felt the stares and she wanted nothing more than to just disappear

AT LEAST EVERYONE HAS HEARD ABOUT THE AVERY'S situation with their baby, Allison felt the stares and she wanted nothing more than to just disappear. Her belly was growing and she is getting closer to her due date, making both her and Jackson nervous. Allison had her daily phone calls with Derek, who was worried about Meredith not showing up for her weekend visit to D.C. which Meredith later revealed she was alone in a hotel room by herself without the kids for three days.

Allison and Amelia stood on stage, the residents seated in front of them. Amelia began with the introductions before showing a picture of Herman's tumor on the screen for them to see.

"This is a massive grade IV astrocytoma." Allison pointed at the screen behavior, which showed three scans of the tumor.

"I want you to take a look at it. Really look. Look at its size, look at the way it invades healthy tissue. Look at its vasculature. It is blood and tissue and flesh." Amelia explained. The two neurosurgeons lectured the residents about the tumor that they were planning to operate.

***

Allison slid herself to a seat next to Meredith. Callie looked at Arizona and Herman laughing together, "Just look at them."

Allison raised a brow, "Who?"

"Arizona and Herman." Callie said, her gaze not leaving the two doctors across the cafeteria. "They're practically joined at the hip."

"Well, she is Herman's fellow." Maggie reminded her, "Isn't she sort of supposed to follow Herman around?"

"They're laughing all the time, and Arizona seems so happy—like really happy." Callie sighed.

"So?" Alex shrugged.

"You seem happy...ish." Meredith turned to face their friend, who sipped on her drink.

"Why do you even care?"

"I obviously don't. I'm just making conversation." Callie responded to Alex, she was lying through her teeth. Arizona's laugh could be heard once again causing Callie to speak up, "Don't you guys think it's weird how they're always together?"

"They're not always together." Allison pointed out, but it was a lie, they were always together but it was understandable. Arizona was Herman's fellow and friend.

Alex shrugged, "They do bunk up together sometimes."

"What?" Callie asked, not liking the sound of that. Allison and Meredith sent a warning look to Alex.

"Robbins has been crashing with Herman. She hasn't slept at the house all week." Alex said, slurping on his drink.

"Of course he doesn't mean it like that." Allison assured Callie, "They are not together, together and you know that, they're just friends."