sixty-five

season 11, episode 24 - time stops

ALLISON AVERY KNEW THAT RETURNING HOME WOULD BE HARD, she knew that her marriage would face problems of her leaving

ALLISON AVERY KNEW THAT RETURNING HOME WOULD BE HARD, she knew that her marriage would face problems of her leaving. She expected to see Jackson in their shared apartment but instead she came to a broken nursery, the things she and Jackson had decorated were destroyed, broken. Every time she'd try to talk to Jackson, he'll be at the hospital working or she'd be working at the hospital. When she's not operating, he is. Their schedules were on opposite ends.

Allison walked towards the O.R. board finding Amelia with Meredith and Maggie. Seconds later Callie joined them as she let out a breath, "Are they here yet? Did I miss it?"

"I almost forgot."

"I can't wait to see the beads of sweat on their freaked out little faces." Callie grinned talking about the new class of interns that were coming in for their first day at the hospital.

"Oh, man. Did I miss it?" Alex walked over to them. Allison shook her head and Alex sighed looking at them, "I want to see someone crap—actually crap."

Allison scrunched her nose and Callie nodded, "Seen it, smelled it. Not as fun as you'd think."

Arizona fast walked over to them as she passed them, "It's happening, the baby chicks and ducks are here!"

The rest began to follow after her, while Allison and Meredith stood there before they walked inside one of the O.R. galleries where Webber was giving his iconic speech to the interns.

"Each of you comes here hopeful, wanting in on the game. A month ago, you were in med school being taught by doctors. Today you are the doctors." Webber paused, "The five years you spend here as surgical residents will be the best and worst of your lives. They will..." A woman raised her hand causing Webber to frown his brows, "You have a question?"

"Yes. Why?" Webber frowned at his brows and she cleared her throat, "I mean why will these be the best and the worst years of our lives?"

"I-I was getting to that. Um, where was I? Oh, right." Webber continued his speech while the attending and residents mouthed along with him, repeating the same words he told them when they entered one of the O.R. rooms a few years ago, "You will be pushed to the breaking point. Look around you. Say hello to your competition. Eight of you will switch to an easier specialty. Five of you will crack under the pressure, two of you will be asked to leave. This is your starting line. This is your arena. How well you play it...that's up to you."

"They look stupid." Alex spoke up causing them to laugh.

Meredith looked down at them,"They look like babies."

"Were we ever that young?" Allison asked, looking down at the new interns, not knowing what was expected of them.

Ben nodded, "They're so well rested."