thirty-seven

season 9, episode 13 - bad blood

"THE CAMERAS ARE NOT HERE TO SPY ON YOU

"THE CAMERAS ARE NOT HERE TO SPY ON YOU. THEY ARE HERE TO SUPPLEMENT YOU." Alana explained to the surgical staff in the O.R. room, as new cameras have been installed around the hospital. Allison couldn't help but not like these new rules, "On the other side of the camera is a remote physician, an extra set of eyes to help reduce mistakes, improve patient care, and maximize physician hours. Now the initial program..."

Allison zoned out as Alana continued to talk. Wishing she was anywhere but in that room.

"And of course, ultimately reduce costly litigation." Alana finished up her explanation, causing Allison to put her focus on her once again, "So does that answer your questions?"

"With disturbing clarity." Cristina nodded, with a fake smile.

"All right. Let's move on then." Alan gestured to the supplies behind her, "As you can see, this O.R. has been arranged with maximum efficiency, specifically for the O.R. turnover. Now what are the main causes for bottleneck? The layout of the O.R. supplies, equipment and instruments...because every second counts and you need the more efficient approach." Alana looked around the O.R. seeing if the doctors were paying attention before speaking again, "Your average time between surgeries is 37 minutes. With these new O.R. procedures, I'd like to see that cut in half." Allison and Jackson rolled their eyes, as Alana dismissed them, "Thank you everyone."

"Closing the E.R. should count down on time." Cristina commented as they headed out the O.R. with Jackson and Alex behind Cristina, Meredith and Allison. "We won't have any patients."

"How does Hunt feel about that?" Jackson asked, as they continued to walk down the hallway.

"Oh, he says he's not gonna do anything about it until it actually happens." Cristina rolled her eyes.

"Oh, it's happening." Alex scoffed, "He can't be a trauma surgeon without an E.R. Is he gonna leave town? Cause if you go with him, I'm screwed. I'm kind of depending on your rent check." Alex paused before looking at the back of Allison's head, "Yours too, Allie."

"Way to make this all about you." Cristina rolled her eyes.

"The E.R. is not going to close." Meredith tried to assured them as Allison nodded her head, "Derek has a plan."

"Where is Derek?"

"He spent the night with Kepner." Meredith grinned.

***

S9 EP14: THE FACE OF CHANGE

"For the millionth time, Jo and I are not into each other." Alex rolled his eyes and Cristina and Allison scoffed.

"Oh, please." Cristina retorted as she referenced the animal noises Jo and Alex were making fun of her and Owen, "You and ponytail-McGee were canines in heat last night." Meredith sighed as she entered the attending's lounge and sat down on the couch, "Literally."