seven

season 6, episode 20 - hook, line, and sinner

"CHILDREN?" ALLISON ASKED, HER EYES ARE ON THE ROAD

"CHILDREN?" ALLISON ASKED, HER EYES ARE ON THE ROAD. She decided to be a good friend and offer a drive to Derek to the hospital as they have their daily 'gossip' talk, where they talk about everything and anything.

"Yes, children." Derek nodded as he sipped on his coffee, "What's the big deal? I want to start a family with her, she's the love of my life."

"And I'm happy for you Shep." Allison shrugged, "But have you thought what she will think?" Derek brow rose in confusion not knowing what she meant, "She had the world's worse mother, no offense, she probably thinks she won't be a good mother. She doesn't have a family like yours where she grew up with a loving family and annoying siblings."

"Huh. I didn't think of it that way." Derek said.

"I know. That's why I am here." Allison said in a 'duh' tone making Derek playfully glare at the girl. "Well remember that ex-fiancé who works at the hospital?" Derek nodded his head, "Well it's Jackson."

"As in Jackson Avery?" He asked his eyes wide, "What the hell happened with you guys?"

"He dipped." Allison answered simply, "I bet the whole hospital is going to find out someway, you know how secrets easily get out."

"I should have put it together, that was why you were avoiding him because it was your first time seeing him after he left you?" Allison nodded her head, "And the necklace, it's your engagement ring?"

"Yeah, I keep it because it reminded me of him. That night he proposed, you know? Is it pathetic? Maybe." Allison answered.

"Are you going to work it out?" Derek asked once they reached the hospital and Allison is looking for a free parking spot.

"I don't know." Allison didn't know, she wants to but she doesn't want to end up hurt again, she hated that feeling. The feeling of being heartbroken, she didn't get out of her bed for weeks after he left, until her aunt came to help her move on. "I want to go slow again, you know? Make him earn my trust back."

***

Once Allison walked inside the resident lounge she saw everyone staring at her, she felt uncomfortable. Alex walked up to her, "Hey." He greeted her as she put down her bag.

"Hey" She smiled, "Is it me or is everyone staring at me?"

Alex nodded, "Rumor has it you were engaged to Avery." Allison eyes went wide, "Is it true?"

Allison nodded, "Who spread the rumor around?"

"I don't know, Allie, but I can kick his ass if you want me to." Allison smiled at how protective Alex was being, he only showed his soft side with Allison and Meredith knowing both girls wouldn't judge him.