forty-five

season 10, episode 10 - somebody that i used to know

"HEY, EDWARDS." ALLISON GRABBED HER ATTENTION, as she walked inside the room and slammed a pink post-it right in front of her, "Uh, Can you write down your mailing address for me?"

Stephanie looked confused, looking back at the attending and the pink post-it, "Sure."

"I-I'm sending you an invitation to my wedding." Allison explained as Stephanie wrote her address down and gave it to her, "Great! Thanks, I hope you'll come. Obviously, you can also, uh, bring someone."

Stephanie just nodded. Allison awkwardly smiled before leaving the room, closing the door behind her. It wasn't the plan to invite Stephanie, since she was going to be Jackson's plus one but Micheal doesn't want Jackson to receive an invitation so she went with plan B.

***

"Hey." Allison greeted Meredith, Derek and Ben at the nurses station, holding up the tablet in her hands as Owen walked away.

"Do you have Thanksgiving plans?" Meredith asked Allison and Alex, who just approached the group.

"What do you think?" Alex said, as Allison shook her head.

"My house. Three o'clock." Meredith stated to the both of them.

"Okay, uh Micheal and I will be there." Allison nodded, as she quickly put a mental note to tell Micheal their plans.

"All right." Alex agreed, "I'm bringing Jo."

"I figured." Meredith said, looking down at the tablet, feeling annoyed with everyone seeing as Cristina is using her printer for her project, causing a drift on their friendship.

"Don't sound so excited." Alex sarcastically said, "You know, you were an intern balling an attending once."

"Mm-hmm."

"You kiss my kids with that mouth?" Meredith yelled at a retrieving Alex as both of them walked away and Allison chuckled.

***

"Hey," Jackson greeted Allison, who put her pen away, "So you realize that Stephanie and I are serious, right? You get that?"

Allison furrowed her brows, "Yeah. I think it's nice that you guys are, you know...whatever you are." Allison fixed the tablet on its holder before facing Jackson.

"Right, so—so why is it that you invited her to your wedding plus a guest and you're gonna invite me plus a guest? What's going on?"

Allison closed her eyes, "Right, yeah." She opened her eyes shaking her head, "I wanted to talk to you about that. You are actually not getting an invitation, but Stephanie is, so you could just be her plus one."